2 permits illegal? - Page 3

2 permits illegal?

This is a discussion on 2 permits illegal? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have six non resident permits & I live in New York, NY & can't even carry here but there is no permit limit that's ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 permits illegal?

I have six non resident permits & I live in New York, NY & can't even carry here but there is no permit limit that's bogus.

VIP Member

Jang's right again as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    She is wrongly applying her understanding toward motor vehicle operator licenses to that of handgun permits and licenses.
    If you were inquiring about a drivers license then she would have been correct, but otherwise she's wrong.

- Janq has VA and MA resident permits
    She confused DL and CCL.

Quote Originally Posted by hollewud7 View Post
    so it is possible to have resident permits in 2 different states??? I live in mass but go to school in CT, so when i turn 21 i want to get resident permits n both places (so i dont have to deal with the ridiculous AG regs when buying)
    I strongly doubt you can get a RESIDENT permit in both places. Your either a resident, or your not. If you have a MA drivers license, then you will probably need a MA Permit. If you have a CT Drivers License, your a CT resident, and will need to look at a CT Permit. I understand that MA has a non resident permit (which I understand is very difficult to get). I don't know if CT has a nonres permit or not.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I strongly doubt you can get a RESIDENT permit in both places. Your either a resident, or your not. If you have a MA drivers license, then you will probably need a MA Permit. If you have a CT Drivers License, your a CT resident, and will need to look at a CT Permit. I understand that MA has a non resident permit (which I understand is very difficult to get). I don't know if CT has a nonres permit or not.
    CT has a nonresident permit and it is easy to get.

MA nonresident permit is actually supposed to be easier to get than a MA resident permit.

Quote Originally Posted by hollewud7 View Post
    mitch,
    are more than one of those resident permits??? I understand you can have a res permit, then a bunch of non res permits, but I really thought I couldnt have 2 resident permits, even if I live in both places
    CT is a resident permit.

NH is nonresident.

PA doesn't differentiate between the two of them except if you actually read the permit you can see it is issued from a county sheriff in PA, but the address of the bearer reflects a Connecticut residence.

That is ridiculous. Heck, many travel to FL just to get their permit because more states accept it than their state. When I lived in WA, I had a WA, OR, NV, and FL permit at the same time. Just like they said above though, it depends on your state. I'm not familiar with AZ, but they make revo your permit based on not being a resident anymore if you change addresses. If you don't change addresses, they may revoke it and put it in the system as a misdemeanor gun violation like they do here in NC if you don't tell them about your address change. That means no permits anymore at all. So, deff check with AZ about getting it transfered to a NR permit if possible. If not, see about getting a FL permit or another state that widely issues NR permits.

MitchellCT - As far as the living in two diff places, like FL in the winter and NH in the summer, I would think that you would be allowed a resident permit in each state. I don't know if either state has a specific statute regarding how to obtain residency status for CCW, most just say that you have to be there for 90-120 days or something before you can apply. It would be an interesting case and you would probably have to deal with it in court rather than trying to get a strait answer from the AG or somebody. But as long as you own property in both places, or maintain a residence in both places with a valid address, how could they argue you aren't a resident?

Residency is influenced by a variety of factors, among them are your primary residence, where you pay taxes and where you vote.

I was denied a MA resident permit when I was in law school because although I was living in MA, I voted and paid taxes in CT. (They kept my money and told me to apply to the State Police...)

You don't need to go to FL to get a FL permit. You apply by mail like everyone else does.

I have Colorado, Utah, Florida. If there was a problem I would think it would arrise before issue.
    Support your local gun shop.

Quote Originally Posted by jerbur6 View Post
    i moved from az to indiana i have an az ccw and im in the process of getting an in. permit when i went to get fingerprinted the woman doing it told me it was illegal to have 2 permits at the same time and i would be arrested if caught. i called az dps and they said as long as i keep my ccw renewed i can keep it as long as i want that they do not issue resident/non resident ccw. anybody know the truth? am i only allowed one permit at a time?
    I would have asked her to call the police immediately to have me arrested...I could have used the extra cash!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

she may have been confused. you can not have two res permits from the same state, as this would provide you with a back-up if one of yours was confiscated. a mis-dough-meaner for sure.

I am in a wonderful predicament as well I have my TN HCP and when I get back I am getting my NC CCP. I am military and home of record is TN. NC doesnt have a nonresident permit so, from my understanding I can get both since all i have to do is establish residency in NC for 30 days and am elligible for their permit also, which I am by a long shot. RIGHT??
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Franklin Township, Dekalb County, Indiana
    I live in Indiana and have my Indiana License To Carry Handgun, a New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver License and a Pennsylvania License To Carry Firearm and I'll be getting fingerprinted at the DeKalb County, Indiana Sheriff Dept. for my Florida Concealed Weapon License. You can have all of the firearms permits/licenses from as many states as you can pay for.
    Then He said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 (KJ)

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I have a PA., Florida, and Ohio Permit when I got each they were informed I had the others and nobody said a thing. The Sheriff in PA. said " You don't have to spend the money on our Permit, your Florida Permit is good here." I told her it's OK I like to collect them.

I have a WV resident, and PA,NH,Florida permits.Have never heard of a problem with having them.
    Ron

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links