Go Mom!

Go Mom!

This is a discussion on Go Mom! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oooooh my momma's angry. Having spent a long day at work, she just got home from a church meeting for an adult women's group. Basically ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Mom!

Go Mom!

Oooooh my momma's angry. Having spent a long day at work, she just got home from a church meeting for an adult women's group. Basically it's a loose association of women whose children are all grown and out of the house. Once my sister transfers schools in a few months, that'll be her.

Anyway one of them started going on and on about how awful it was people "in this state" can carry one of those barbaric handguns. And they all chirped in. They were going on and on about how people were just dying in Texas left and right because everyone was getting blown away by concealed handguns.

Now understand my mom isn't an anti gun person, but she's not a gunnie either. Due to her arthritis her interest is very low.

She went off. "Well my oldest son carries a concealed handgun and he lives in the <Large Town> area and I'm glad he does. I sleep better at night knowing he's not going to get robbed or killed or hurt by some crazy, and he's never killed anyone in his life..."

I'd rather have had her hold her tongue about me being a CCW licensee, but man she was TOed. They all shut up instantly.

What's funny is I know who these people are. One of their husbands I personally know carries a Ruger pistol without a carry permit and he's a prominent citizen. Another one of their husbands is the biggest 1911 snob you have ever seen. This guy has got about a half dozen race guns costing thousands of dollars each.

I wonder if they're going to go "blow someone away" too. Yeah that's what people do with $4000 race guns. They shoot people with them. Yep that's it. Sheesh.

But go mom! She's still mad. She's so mad she had to call someone and yell about it because Dad's out of town tonight.

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds like your Mom is one special lady Euc.

It is amazing tho eh - how many folks assume - imagine - that anyone and everyone who happens to carry a gun is out to commit murder and mayhem.

It seems to often forgotten that we good folks only wish to survive the possibility of an ''encounter'' - beyond which we really are nice, stable and ordinary folk. Just so happens we have taken RESPONSIBILITY for our own well being and protection.

Three hearty cheers for Mrs Euc - and let's remind those sheep people that hey - it's the BAD guys with guns you wanna worry about - and THEY don't obtain legal guns!!

Let's hear it for the good guys - CombatCarry.com ... and all the rest of us decent folks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Gotta love Mama Euclid. At the same time she did pay you a compliment. She basically told them her little boy is a responsible man that knows what he is doing and is capable of making his own decissions regarding his life, that she is proud and happy about it and that she knows better than buying the BS floating around agianst guns and gun owners.

Of course she won't admit that to you and probably will still haunt you about when are you gonna get married to a nice wholesome girl so she can play with the grandkids and to make sure you wear clean undies in case of an accident.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator

Thumbs up Great Story Euc

Give your Mom a hug for me.
    Way To Go Mom!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Give your Mom a hug for me.
    Way To Go Mom!
    Ditto!

USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

There can be disageements even in church.
    I disagree with members of my church.
    Most people dislike what they don't understand.
    Not everyone owns a gun.
    It could just be fear and loathing.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    There is nothing that can beat the love of a mother. I know you happen to be an upstanding citizen...but if you were the biggest crack head in the world MOM would find something nice to say. That is why moms are great.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Senior Moderator
    That's a great story Euc, thanks. That was uplifting!

VIP Member
    Great story, Euc!

My mother told me once (while waggling her finger sternly at me): "Somebody mess with you, you BLOW THEIR HEAD OFF!"
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Good for Momma! Tell her we are all proud of her.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Your mom rocks, give her two thumbs up for me.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

Talking

never mess with Mom's little boy.

Go Mom

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    and definately NEVER EVER EVER mess with Betty's Mom!!! :)

She's probably got as many sharp tools as Betty does :)
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

VIP Member
    What a courageous woman! She stands by her menfolk, and our country survives and achieves its greatness because of it.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Way to go mom!

You might tell her to have them look up this.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

That was a literal sword.

49 When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?
    50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

John 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priestís servant, and cut off his right ear. The servantís name was Malchus.

Matthew 26:51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priestís, and smote off his ear.

(Do you think Peter was aiming for the ear? I submit that Malchus dodged a much more serious blow, but was just a touch slower than he would have liked.)

I don't ever recall someone cutting off a body part with a figurative or spiritual concept.

Jesus did scold Peter for attacking the guy, but not for having the sword he just told them to make sure they had.

John 18:11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
    53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
    54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

I have had people try to tell me that Jesus rebuked him for the sword. I think the evidence proves otherwise. Why would Jesus tell the disciples to buy a sword, and then scold them for having one a few hours later? He didn't. He scolded Peter for using it unwisely.

On a further side note. Jesus took the time to Heal Malchus' ear.

Luke 22:51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

What did the Pharisees do in response to that? They Arrested Jesus anyway. This goes to show that liberals never have changed. They still ignore proof when it is put right in front of them, and attack the one who just proved them wrong. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links