TENNESSEE REP does us in again. - Page 2

TENNESSEE REP does us in again.

This is a discussion on TENNESSEE REP does us in again. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We're gonna keep fighting, but its this one guy who uses his authority to get what he wants..how old is Naifeh? I hate to keep ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We're gonna keep fighting, but its this one guy who uses his authority to get what he wants..how old is Naifeh? I hate to keep bringing up his name but in my heart i really feel he's the 1 thing in our way

What district is he in?

This man is as close to a communist as you can get. He had the nerve to tell us that he is getting a carry permit just after he killed [with the help of his newly found female puppet] all of our progressive CCW improvements. I hate to get into name calling but:

Naifeh=Filth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    What district is he in?
    District 81, Haywood and part of Tipton counties. He resides in Covington.

Tennessee House Member

Haywood that's brownsville right and places like that....
    How old is he anuwau

Naifeh explains his vote in the "Tennessean"

Naifeh explained why he did what he did in today's edition of the "Tennessean". This man is such a liar. I can't believe he actually wrote what he did and expected anybody to believe his reasons for doing so.
    You can read it here:
    Tennessee's latest gun bills were a perversion of our right to bear arms | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Read the responses at the end of the article. He's stirred up a hornet's nest with this. I hope it helps to run him out of office.

As many of you may or may not know, the speaker of the Tennessee House of Representatives has the right to cast a vote in any committee or subcommittee meeting. In my nearly 20 years as speaker, I have made it a point to use this privilege sparingly and save it for times when I feel such intervention is needed.

This year, the House of Representatives has been faced with a number of bills dealing with the topic of guns. As a gun owner myself and someone who supports the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the issue of gun ownership is a personal one. While I have and will continue to defend Tennesseans' right to bear arms, I also recognize that with that right comes the need for responsibility. That need for responsibility led me to cast my vote against these bills.

There are some who have said these votes were "anti-gun" votes, trying to paint me and those who support my efforts as anti-Second Amendment. That could not be further from the truth. In addition to owning 16 different firearms, a few weeks ago I became one of more than 190,000 to earn a concealed-weapons permit.

The aim of these bills was not to protect or defend the Second Amendment of this country, but rather an attempt by an extreme few to pervert our right to bear arms into a law that only recognizes a select few. Allowing people to carry concealed weapons in bars and restaurants does nothing to improve safety but rather opens the door to much larger problems. Restricting and criminalizing access to the more than 190,000 concealed-weapons permit holders records does nothing for the protection of Tennessee's 6.5 million residents. And so I voted these bills down.

The Jackson Sun editorial board praised my actions, not once but twice, saying "there's no doubt that Naifeh made the right decision in helping defeat these bills, not just because his constituents were opposed to them, but because killing the legislation will help keep Tennesseans safe."

Most gun owners who I have talked to understand why this legislation was not acceptable, and recognize that here in Tennessee we have it pretty good. They, along with most Tennesseans, realize that the balance between those who own firearms and those who do not must be respected. But you cannot please everyone all the time, and so there are a couple of radicals out there claiming an anti-gun agenda ruled the day.

I've said it before, I'll say it again and will continue to say it: As long as I am speaker, we will never have to worry about our Second Amendment right being infringed upon.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

i dont understand why you cant carry in restaurants just because they serve alcohol.
    in Texas we cant carry in any establishment that makes 51% of its revenue from alcohol sales, which means a bar and we are trying to get that changed.
    who gets drunk in a restaurant anyway.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

This dude is a F'ing liar...

If he's so pro gun why is he just now getting his permit. He own's 16 firearms. I bet they are rifles or shotguns, once again there they go thinking the 2nd is about hunting.....

I'd sure like to know what pro gun people he says he has backing him..

As far as carryin in resturants. I wish someone would've just asked him if it's so bad why do the surrounding states allow it and Ga just passed pro gun laws....

This turd needs to be flushed down the drain...

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Homer Simpson said it best, "The whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time."
    Well, that wouldn't be so bad, if only most of them would think some of the time. Sadly, most seem to need babysitting or a few walks to the wood shed; a few, most of the time. Must be tough to be on one's knees at the slop trough all day long ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It's the TN Republicans fault....

Naifeh gets 7 GOP votes; remains Speaker of the House | Affairs of State | NashvillePost.com: Nashville Business News + Nashville Political News

Naifeh gets 7 GOP votes; remains Speaker of the House
    Seven Republicans buck their own leadership and vote Naifeh

In an anticlimatic, never-in-doubt turn of events, clearly deserving of second billing on the day, State Rep. Jimmy Naifeh (D-Tiptonville) was re-elected Speaker of the Tennessee House of Representatives today, collecting all of the Democratic votes as well as seven Republican ones.

Republicans who voted for Naifeh were, State Rep.s Mike Harrison (Sneedville), Joe McCord (Maryville), Steve McDaniel (Parkers Crossroads), Richard Montgomery (Sevierville), Doug Overbey (Maryville), Dennis Roach (Rutledge), and Kent Williams (Elizabethton).

The GOP nominee for Speaker for was Rep. Jason Mumpower (Bristol).

Naifeh is the longest-serving Speaker of the House in Tennessee history, having held the post since 1991.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Well aint that about a *bleep*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links