TENNESSEE REP does us in again.

This is a discussion on TENNESSEE REP does us in again. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not understand why we have elected officials. This most recent legislative session had a bill in sub committee, for the third straight year, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TENNESSEE REP does us in again.

TENNESSEE REP does us in again.

I do not understand why we have elected officials. This most recent legislative session had a bill in sub committee, for the third straight year, to allow CCW people into restaurants that serve alcohol. There was some turmoil over the idea, but the Senate passed it in 06. The House on the other hand, is another story. In 06, it never got out of sub-committee due to one Rep who got herself elected on a pro gun platform. Last year, there was an effort to bring it out of that same sub-committee, but shot down by our Speaker. This year, that same speaker walked into that very same sub-committee and killed the bill without further discussion. What is this? I wonder how his constituents feel about his re-election? I guess he is from a part of the state where violence is still minimal.

2. Remove Ads

I would send him a letter and or email expressing your concerns, and see how he responds.

Good luck

It ain't dead yet...house bill 0702 is still on the table. It's to be heard on 4/2/08. Now...that being said...I think he's just prolonging the torture of legal CCW'ers in TN. Naifeh has a long track record of cherry picking the sub com members to do his bidding. When that fails he uses his position of Speaker to take it upon himself to sit in on whatever meeting he wants to to sway (intimidate) the sitting members and to vote himself. Never fails.
    he's a pile of rancid dog poo on the boot of every gun owner in TN. I've email each and every one of the sub com members, as well as Naifeh himself. I've only heard back from one who is well known for his pro gun stance.
    The TN sheriffs assoc. also sent a letter in stating their strong opposition to the bill. Only problem is there are 95 Sheriffs in TN...only TWO signed off on the letter; along with a couple of DAs and the Nashville police chief (who's on the boots as well)

Sad thing is...in TN the way the law is written any LEO at lunch is breaking the law just as badly as I would be carrying in a place with on premise consumption. They delayed the hearing of that will as well.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Homer Simpson said it best, "The whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time."

"a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Since the legislators are probably be heavily lobbied by the resturant association, do your own lobbied of the resturant association. Get cards printed up that can be handed out to resturant managers stating that since you are not allowed enter their business as a law abiding, lawfully licensed ccw holder you will be taking your business elsewhere.

When the resturants realize they are loosing business, they will modify their stance.

VIP Member
    Only been trying to get it through for 3 years? You still have a long ways to go. It took, I believe 8 here in Virginia to get it passed by both houses, just so the governor could veto it. Better luck next year.

I have emailed so many congressmen, I can't even remember who all I have contacted. ONE answered. Not even my district. I told hom at a recent event that I hope he enjoyed my vote, cause it isn't happening again!

As I see it, our law was modeled after the Kentucky law, or so I am told. How could it have gotten overlooked? NRA sent reps here three years ago and addressed the legislators. I guess they have given up.

In my opinion Naifeh has more power than the Governor. He refuses to allow any gun bills to come before the full House for a vote, thereby preventing the will of the people from being heard. I bet they would be passed if they did.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

I live for the day when I retrieve my paper from the drive way and see the headline: "Speaker Naifeh Dead of Sudden Heart Attack"

I will dace in my drive way, in my robe for 15 minutes, I promise. And, I will attend the public viewing where ever it is held, not out of respect, because I have none for him, but to make 100% sure that the jackass is dead.

Sorry to be blunt but I do not like the man at all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

i will be sending letters...

Good Morning Folks,

Email is great but they don't read them. Send letters, make phone calls.
    Drop by their office if you work downtown Nashville.

I can't help but wonder how he keeps getting reelected...
    What, me worry?

No emails, no letters, no phone calls...doesn't seem to have made a difference anyway...just vote the bum out of office...period!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have to disagree with PlumBob. I've had several emails responded to. One by phone. ANY communication is better than nothing. Sitting on their doorstep would be MUCH better, but do what ya can folks.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I live for the day when I retrieve my paper from the drive way and see the headline: "Speaker Naifeh Dead of Sudden Heart Attack"

I will dace in my drive way, in my robe for 15 minutes, I promise. And, I will attend the public viewing where ever it is held, not out of respect, because I have none for him, but to make 100% sure that the jackass is dead.

Sorry to be blunt but I do not like the man at all.

I'll be glad when he's gone, how I dont care just as long as he's gone...

Quote Originally Posted by rangemeister View Post
    I do not understand why we have elected officials. This most recent legislative session had a bill in sub committee, for the third straight year, to allow CCW people into restaurants that serve alcohol. There was some turmoil over the idea, but the Senate passed it in 06. The House on the other hand, is another story. In 06, it never got out of sub-committee due to one Rep who got herself elected on a pro gun platform. Last year, there was an effort to bring it out of that same sub-committee, but shot down by our Speaker. This year, that same speaker walked into that very same sub-committee and killed the bill without further discussion. What is this? I wonder how his constituents feel about his re-election? I guess he is from a part of the state where violence is still minimal.
    We've been fighting a similar fight here in VA. Keep pushing. We are.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links