Another great LEO encounter

This is a discussion on Another great LEO encounter within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I was on my way out to my family's property and was pulled over by a Oklahoma HP. I was speeding, about 5 over. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another great LEO encounter

Another great LEO encounter

Yesterday I was on my way out to my family's property and was pulled over by a Oklahoma HP. I was speeding, about 5 over. I pulled over and quickly gatherd all my needed info. As he walked up I handed him my DL and my CWL stating "I have a OK CWL and I am currently armed" With out missing a beat the said "Thank you for telling me and just keep your hands on the steering will please." Anyway he went back and ran my DL and came back and let me off, saying "Please slow down a little and it's nice to see someone your age (I'm 24) showing the maturity with a CWL, have a nice day" I guess I am on the younger side to have a CWL. Most folks I know are older. Will not as uncommon on DC. Overall, couldn't be happier, and yes I will slow down!
    God Bless America!!

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear everything went well.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    He stopped you for 5 over and that's a good encounter?

The gun part is as it should be.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    He stopped you for 5 over and that's a good encounter?

The gun part is as it should be.

AFS
    All the cops I know won't hardly lift an eyebrow at 5mph over unless it's a school zone of in a "residential area".

Glade the stop went as it should.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I agree with the 5 over stop comments...but the county/state needs your $$.

From what I've read here of several people's encounters with CWL and police pull-overs...their seems to be a very high rate of people being let off with just a warning. Am I the only one to notice this? Or are people not fessing up and posting their stories where they are getting tickets after properly informing the officer that you have a CWL and are armed?

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    5 mph over? Never heard of that unless you are driving next to a school and class just got out.

Sounds like both you and the officer are great assets to the State of Oklahoma.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Must have been a slow day...

I, too, plan on doing the same thing IF I ever get stopped. Of course, I ALWAYS obey the speed limit...

Here is my .02 cents. By the time that your eyes see the LE your foot lets off the gas and applies the brake and you look down at the speedo you have slowed down by at least 5 MPH. Check it yourself. Drive down the road look at the speedo and have somebody watch only the speedo as you call "go" and compare the diffrence. 5 mph at least, depending how hard you stand on the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post

From what I've read here of several people's encounters with CWL and police pull-overs...their seems to be a very high rate of people being let off with just a warning. Am I the only one to notice this? Or are people not fessing up and posting their stories where they are getting tickets after properly informing the officer that you have a CWL and are armed?
    During every renewal class my CHL instructor gives he asks if anybody has gotten pulled over and gotten a ticket. He says in the entire time he has been doing classes, only 3 have gotten tickets. And those were 30 over in a school zone or other crazy things. He also asks the LEO if they would give a ticket to a fellow CHL, they always say it would take something really bad for them to write that ticket.(Like 30 over in a school zone)

CHL in TX is almost a get out of jail free card. I always hand my CHL on top, my military ID under that, and my D.L. under that. LEO hardly ever even get to the D.L. before they hand it back and tell me to have a nice day.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Here you don't get a ticket unless you are at least ten over. Even the Speed Cameras are set to give you a ticket at 11 MPH over the posted speed limit.

I was stopped for 5MPH over in a nice little town called Asotin, WA, on the Snake River. It must have been the out-of-state plates, but he was very nice, and let me go after I "behaved well", kept my hands on the wheel, etc.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

The way it should be.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    End of the month...need to meet quota?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Will that went will!

Smile

Kinda nice to be confirmed as a good guy isn't it? One of my contractors ( ex L.E.) runs with marshalls and highway patrol officers alot of time and though I don't know them I'm sure they know me,lol.
    Carry in good health. Stay in good health by carrying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links