Disney again. - Page 3

Disney again.

This is a discussion on Disney again. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by David in FL Not really..... The Mouse is adamant, no weapons allowed. They will check all bags but there are no airport ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disney again.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Not really.....

The Mouse is adamant, no weapons allowed. They will check all bags but there are no airport type metal detectors. There are however guards at all turnstyles and they have metal detecting wands that they will use randomly. Anyone caught with a weapon will be barred from entry.

Can you carry and get away with it? Sure. Might you get caught and have your vacation absolutely ruined? Yep to that too. Just be aware of the risks.......the Mouse doesn't mess around.
    Daivd you have to be kidding right? As you walk to the down the tram up to the enterance. you have to walk to the left to have you bags checked. The Mickey Mouse security guard checks the bag of the one that you show them. Walk straight ahead the is an enterance that say "NO Bags" After that there is no checking at the turnstyles to many people not enough time. I will be wiling to bet 100 dollars to 1 dollar,that I could walk in with anything you wish(short of a sherman tank). There are other post on reason not to carry, brick walls are not brick, to many people, ect. But if consealed stays consealed,there is no stopping you. It is spossed to be the friendest place on earth. Have been to Disney World 8 times in last 8 years, Disney Paris once, and 3 years ago while in Disneyland Calfornia the myth was broken, somebody walked away with one of our bags right of the stroller while we were eating. Only had extra shirt and long pants(change of clothes) for my kids and a sweatshirt with my company logo on it,(Wish I saw person walking with my company logo sweatshirt on.) and 2 trading pins. Disney said they will check the garbage cans and cameras. Nothing ever came of it.

I liken Disney World to Great Adventure and other theme parks. You do it once, and you really have no other reason to go again. I went to Epcot in 2006 and it seemed to be the same as it was when I was 13, (21 years ago). They finally finished the Italian Pavilion, though. (still a disappointment)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links