More FL good decisions it seems

This is a discussion on More FL good decisions it seems within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think the 1000 feet rule was thrown away but don't quote me on this....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More FL good decisions it seems

VIP Member
    I think the 1000 feet rule was thrown away but don't quote me on this.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by older gunner
    The new law is a major step forward for common sense and 2nd Amend. rights. Hurrah for the Fla. Legislature.
    Now the crap is starting. The Brady bunch is passing out flyers at airports warning tourists that nervous Floridians can shoot them. I've never even thought about shooting anyone-------but those liars surely do tempt a man.
    The Brady Bunch has gone so far as to place ads in major newspapers (London, New York, Dtroit etc) stating that is is now OK for a Floridian to shot you just for arguing and warning them they will not be safe if vacationing in Florida. Truth is, crime has been dropping here for 13 consecutive years and that may be because of our gun laws. This attempt at economic blackmail represent a new escalation of the anti-gun battle. The local Florida Today ran an editorial this weekend echoing the Brady sentiments. What a POS, if it wasnt the ONLY newspaper I can get delivered every morning, I would drop it (gotta read the funnies).

So far, I have managed to get completely pissed at every local news broadcast discussing the proposed bill. So far, they're only focussing on workplace violence, not the right to self defense while commuting to and from work. They've even run a lead in that included "Bring your gun to work day". Then again, John Gibson (Fox News) did give the Brady folks a bit of credibility a week or so ago by mentioning the new FL law and recommending that people evacuating from Rita or relocating from Katrina take the new law into consideration before coming to Florida...

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Forgot to mention this, and I'm happy the Castle Doctrine got expanded in Florida, but Colorado has no duty to retreat either... and hasn't at least since 2003, maybe longer (I'm a Colorado transplant from the PRKalifornia).

If anyone runs across those Brady types could you ask them to mention Colorado as well as Florida? Shorter lift lines in Vail would be a good thing.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Senior Moderator
    IIRC, the 1000 foot thing is a Federal law.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    It is a Fed law - one that is unenforced and possibly unenforceable. There is a website where someone in Phoenix, AZ mapped out 1000' from all the schools in PHX, and it turns out you can't even drive down the highways legally, according to the law!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links