More FL good decisions it seems

This is a discussion on More FL good decisions it seems within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From NRA today - Florida SB-206, HB-129, and HB-125 Update! SB-206 & HB-129 have been introduced in Florida and are Supported by NRA and Unified ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More FL good decisions it seems

Assistant Administrator

More FL good decisions it seems

From NRA today -

Florida SB-206, HB-129, and HB-125 Update!

SB-206 & HB-129 have been introduced in Florida and are Supported by NRA and Unified Sportsmen of Florida. SB-206, by Senator Durell Peaden (R-2) (Identical HB-129), "prohibits specified persons, employers, and business entities from establishing, maintaining, or enforcing any policy or rule that prohibits a person from parking motor vehicle on property set aside for such purpose when secured firearm or firearms are being lawfully transported and stored in the motor vehicle;and provides for specified immunity from liability for businesses." SB-206 amends 790.25, 27.53.

Read More: http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegisla...d.aspx?ID=1755
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    P95, I'll tell ya,Fla.is a very pro gun/carry state,and becoming more and more pro gun/carry every day. There are things that I don't like about this state,but all in all it's pretty pro huntin',shootin',carry,and all else pertaining to guns. BTW the new law takes effect tomorrow. (We will not be required to retreat when met with force but can respond with like force. That includes public places.Wally World,Sears,Burger King,etc.)It is called the new,expanded "Castle Doctrin". My hats off to the law makers and the Fla. voter.---------

Talking i love fl.

man i LOVE this state.

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    man i LOVE this state.
    Amen!

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    The new law is a major step forward for common sense and 2nd Amend. rights. Hurrah for the Fla. Legislature.
    Now the crap is starting. The Brady bunch is passing out flyers at airports warning tourists that nervous Floridians can shoot them. I've never even thought about shooting anyone-------but those liars surely do tempt a man.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

Thumbs up

wer'e the GUNSHINE State.
    Texas take note.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Senior Moderator
    You guys are certainly gettin' it right! Now if you could just get rid of the CCW thing. CCW permitting simply converts a right into a state granted privilege. But one thing at a time! You're doin' good!

LEO

Unhappy

I wish you guys from Florida stop posting this sad news
    [ I live in California ]

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    LEO...

it's actually very happy news that they are posting. we can only hope that our two states follow suite... (i'm in NJ...and it's the same story as CA)....

Oh well... maybe eventually people will get smarter :)

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

I looked through it, but I'm note sure if the following is addressed. A friend of mine is an administrator at a public school. Currently, firearms are not permitted on school grounds, or within 1000 feet of school grounds. I'm curious if it is now ok for him to keep his carry piece locked in his vehicle. I've read through the bill twice, but I still don't know what to tell him. Any thoughts?

Assistant Administrator
    LM73 - hard to know - that does bring up a good point.

Maybe some inquiries thru AG - certainly some clarification needed by sound of it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1000 feet??

Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73
    Currently, firearms are not permitted on school grounds, or within 1000 feet of school grounds.
    I'm curious as to your reference to the "1000 feet from school grounds" law. I can't find any language like that in the Florida statutes.
    Thanks,
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

It could be one of those urban legend deals, but I swear my CCW instructor mentioned it. I have the FL Firearms Laws book, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now, maybe later. Anyway, I remember the fecal matter nearly hit the rotating oscillator a while back when some, uh hum, individual suggested that the 1000' rule should apply to residences where children are home schooled as well. Ended with the legislature said a big "don't think so."

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    From the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Licencing Division, which quotes the relevant Florida law. It precludes carry in "school administration buildings", "any elementary or secondary school facility" and "any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms". Google definitions defines "facility" as "a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry; 'the assembly plant is an enormous facility'"... not sure if a parking lot would count or not. Any chance you could ask the principal for permission to keep the firearm in your car? Permission might make it a moot point.

790.06(12) - No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any area vocational-technical center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I hope it passes and then starts passing in other States.. Right now there working on getting a Castle Doc passed here Antis are throwing a Fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links