Entering Universal Studios

This is a discussion on Entering Universal Studios within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On our recent trip to LA we went to visit Universal Studios. At the entrance, we had to have all of our bags inspected. One ...

Thread: Entering Universal Studios

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

On our recent trip to LA we went to visit Universal Studios. At the entrance, we had to have all of our bags inspected. One of the guards was a 20s guy who was looking in everyone's bag. As I passed by him, I asked him what he was looking for. (Gosh, my daughter dislikes me asking these types of questions. I think she practices that expression in the mirror every day.) He answered mostly glass containers. Then added, "Oh yes and we also look for guns, knives and other dangerous weapons. We want you safe in the park."

Good thing he didn't notice the knife I had in my pocket.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    We want you safe in the park."

No they don't. If they did, they would not have a problem letting law abiding permit holders carry in their park. We all know the BG's are not going to leave their guns at home, and if they want to get them in, they will.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

On our recent trip to LA we went to visit Universal Studios. At the entrance, we had to have all of our bags inspected. One of the guards was a 20s guy who was looking in everyone's bag. As I passed by him, I asked him what he was looking for. (Gosh, my daughter dislikes me asking these types of questions. I think she practices that expression in the mirror every day.) He answered mostly glass containers. Then added, "Oh yes and we also look for guns, knives and other dangerous weapons. We want you safe in the park."

If they were really concerned for 'safety'...they would be searching for 'gang-bangers' and 'illegal aliens'...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    The funny think to me is of the dozens and dozens of times I have carried my Maxpedition Collosus into Disney parks (it's my camera bag of choice), nobody has ever looked into the two back compartments that are designed to hold a firearm.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I was a Universal Studios and Disney in Florida last week. I saw the guy poking around only 1 bag with a wooden dowel never checked the other 3 bags hanging off my wifes stroller. Complete joke for security. You know the video with the guy consealing all the guns in his pants. That guy can walk into any of those parks with no question asked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I was a Universal Studios and Disney in Florida last week. I saw the guy poking around only 1 bag with a wooden dowel never checked the other 3 bags hanging off my wifes stroller. Complete joke for security. You know the video with the guy consealing all the guns in his pants. That guy can walk into any of those parks with no question asked!!!
    Well for some people the "illusion" of security is enough for them.

Are those parks posted?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by braindonor View Post
    Are those parks posted?
    If you look hard enough, probably.

In Florida, though, it doesn't really matter. The posting has no weight in law, and the only thing the property owner can do if you are discovered is ask you to leave.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I was also at Universal AND Disney last week in Orlando as well, No serious checks at any gate. I was toting my wife, four kids, a daughter-in-law, and a G-23. I guess as long as 'they' FEEL safe........

And my daughters also "not like it" when I ask similar questions of 'those' personnel,
    Last edited by goldshellback; March 30th, 2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: add-to
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Excuse me, but, how can you looking for my gun make me safer? Are you going to make sure the safety is engaged or are you going to put a trigger lock on it? What is your security plan for an active shooter in the park? How does that make me safer?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links