Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens - Page 2

Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens

This is a discussion on Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's he going to do when "Heller" comes down right in the middle of the campaign? He's always been an anti. That's not new. AFS...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    What's he going to do when "Heller" comes down right in the middle of the campaign?

He's always been an anti. That's not new.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    What's he going to do when "Heller" comes down right in the middle of the campaign?

He'll smile for the cameras and take a hunting trip, where he'll proclaim his love for the 2nd amendment.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; April 3rd, 2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by gerald View Post
    every were he goes he has someone with a cw covering his butt.
    Yup. When he expressed this opinion, someone should have pointed at the suit behind him and made his 'good for me, too dangerous for john Q' position clear.

You know, if a zoo animal attacks one of his neighbors, the zoo keeper doesn't blame the animal, he simply separates the two, and takes away whatever instrument that was used in the attack.

I will not be treated as an animal, and our elected government is _not_ my keeper.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

The subject of Obama's remarks was CONCEALED CARRY, so I guess it fits in here.

He wants, in the end, to take away, along with all of your other rights, your guns. Joe Stalin understood that it wasn't good for the "State" to allow you to legally carry a concealed firearm for your personal protection. So does Barach.

The people who are opposed to you having a legal right to carry a concealed weapon don't care about facts relating to crime. They are afraid of you. And they should be.

You should be afraid of them.

Ken

I never woulda voted for him but I hope it just alienates armed democrats and they vote repub
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    I never woulda voted for him but I hope it just alienates armed democrats and they vote repub
    Right on!

I do NOT want him to apologize, not at all. He really believes in what he said and an apology will get some folks to say "well, he changed his mind, now I can vote for him"!

We don't need more two-bit phonies like Kerry, Clinton, etc.

I have always held the second amendment at the top of my list for choosing any political leader. I believe he is getting alot of support from our young people who have been brainwashed by our media to think that people who carry guns are the bad guys. Our young people really need to be educated on the importance of the second amendment.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

I wouldn't have expected anything less from Obama.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
    Why should he apologize? No-one here would have voted for him. No-one that he insulted would have voted for him. However the ignorant sheeple hear his words and feel comforted that he would protect them from the eeeevil bad gun owners and the even more eeevil bad gun owners that would display their paranoia by actually carrying a gun around with them. He made a perfectly logical political statement aimed at those that want to hear just such foolishness.

Roger

You would be surprised. I belong to another forum that has members (a small minority of course) that are openly supporting him. I also know of members on here that are Democrats as well. (Not me, just to clarify.)
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    Does anybody worry that if the supreme court swung extremely our direction a backlash in the form of an attempt on a new amendment to the constitution could result?

Say the court ruled that all gun laws are null and void and even military arms were legal to be owned by all citizens. (sorry for the slight derailment)
    Sorry for continuing the slight derailment, but I would say no, for two reasons in the way amendments to the US Constitution can be passed. Congress might propose such an amendment by two-thirds vote in both Houses (although doubtful at the moment, IMO), but then three-quarters of the legislatures in the states would need to approve it. Given the number of states that have passed "shall-issue" in recent years, I would think such approval would be highly unlikely.

The second way amendments can be proposed is if two-thirds of the state legislatures call for a national "Convention" to consider amending the Constitution--again unlikely for the reason above. AND...since nobody has ever decided (including the SCOTUS) whether such a convention would be limited only to the matter for which it was called, or whether it could fundamentally alter our entire Constitution, you will likely never see Congress allow that to happen; they might be out of a job, or worse.

I believe Detroits comment about the brainwashed youth is SPOT ON. I dont think todays youth (in general) even understand much of the constitution and what it means, SAD! I also think that Doc may be correct, seems like maybe some people want to like Obama and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, again SAD!

You are more likely to commit a crime if you don't have a carry permit. Funny how that works out.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Great thread. Timely and appropriate. Tracking politician's views on conceal carry and other 2nd amendment issues is more important now than ever! Thumbs up for keeping the thread open.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

His mind is made up about gun ownership...don't confuse him with FACTS! He's indecisive enough now...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Quote Originally Posted by LenS View Post
    Right on!

I do NOT want him to apologize, not at all. He really believes in what he said and an apology will get some folks to say "well, he changed his mind, now I can vote for him"!

We don't need more two-bit phonies like Kerry, Clinton, etc.
    I agree. He should continue to shout from the mountain tops that he is against conceal carry and hates guns altogether.

No more pussyfooting around. Just come out and say it! Be a man! Say what you mean and mean what you say!

Yeah, right! Like he's really gonna do that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links