Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens

This is a discussion on Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEWS RELEASE OBAMA SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR INSULTING MILLIONS OF ARMED CITIZENS, SAYS CCRKBA BELLEVUE, WA ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Should Apologize For Insulting Millions Of Armed Citizens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS RELEASE
    OBAMA SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR INSULTING MILLIONS OF ARMED CITIZENS, SAYS CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA - Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday insulted millions of legally-armed American citizens when he told a Pennsylvania newspaper that concealed carry poses a threat to innocent people, and he should immediately apologize for that remark, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

Senator Obama, quoted by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, admitted, "I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

"American citizens have been responsibly carrying concealed handguns for years in 48 states," said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, co-author of America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age, published by Merril Press. "These citizens go through background checks, and in some states complete required training courses. Statistically, these armed citizens are far less likely to ever be involved in a crime than average citizens. They have stopped crimes. They have sometimes aided police officers.

"Senator Obama," he continued, "should not confuse legally-armed, law-abiding Americans with inner-city thugs, gang-bangers and other criminals who carry guns illegally. Thanks to a revealing 1996 questionnaire bearing Mr. Obama's handwriting from his days as a candidate for the Illinois Senate, it's clear he has the good guys confused with the bad guys."

That controversial questionnaire, which Obama originally claimed he never saw, contained answers to questions that indicates he opposes capital punishment and criminal prosecution of juveniles as adults, is against mandatory sentencing and supports "alternative sentencing." He supported a ban on handguns and semiautomatic sport-utility rifles, and mandatory waiting periods before Americans could exercise their constitutional right to own a firearm.

"Barack Obama ignorantly believes that legally-armed Americans are as reckless and irresponsible as the criminals with whom his political sympathies evidently lay," Gottlieb said. "He has been insisting for months that he supports the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but here he is now campaigning in Pennsylvania, stating essentially that he would prefer Americans not exercise that right.

"Legally-armed citizens are also voters, Mr. Obama," Gottlieb stated, "and you have outrageously insulted every one of them. You owe these good citizens an apology."

-END-

2. Remove Ads

Here is the link to the article:
    CCRKBA :: OBAMA SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR INSULTING MILLIONS OF ARMED CITIZENS, SAYS CCRKBA

His position has been pretty clear. I felt he was really backpedaling hard after the SCOTUS Heller hearing sounded favorable to individual rights.

Logic doesn't seem to faze him one bit.

AEA
    I, personally am glad this has come to light and I hope that it is not brushed under the table.

I hope every True American remembers this when they enter the voting booth!

Quote Originally Posted by Maineman View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS RELEASE
    OBAMA SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR INSULTING MILLIONS OF ARMED CITIZENS, SAYS CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA - Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday insulted millions of legally-armed American citizens when he told a Pennsylvania newspaper that concealed carry poses a threat to innocent people, and he should immediately apologize for that remark, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.
    The senator from Illinois continues to show his ignorance. Texas has kept detailed statistics concerning all crimes. Violent crimes commited by permit holders is almost non-existent.

My guess is that the statistics for all states is similar.

At least he's honest about where he stands - I appreciate that - he makes no attempt to court the favor of gun owners, unlike snake in the grass Hillary who hides behind phony AHSA endorsements - or dumb John Kerry doing a fake hunting trip.

Why should he apologize? No-one here would have voted for him. No-one that he insulted would have voted for him. However the ignorant sheeple hear his words and feel comforted that he would protect them from the eeeevil bad gun owners and the even more eeevil bad gun owners that would display their paranoia by actually carrying a gun around with them. He made a perfectly logical political statement aimed at those that want to hear just such foolishness.

Roger
    Breath Control + Trigger control + Sight alignment = Gun control.

Well, be sure to remember this, when you step into the voting booth in November

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO the thread should be closed .. not that i don't agree with it , however i think we can deal with political issues without the candidate specific stuff until both party's choose a candidate . NO candidate ( of either party imho ) will be a stanch defender of the 2nd so lets give all a pass on the issue until the general election .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    I have to agree with redneck, thread should be closed. No matter what we think of any of the candidates, this is a conceal carry forum, not a political debate forum.

How To Read This...

Keep in mind a couple things here:

1. He has lived his life in Hawaii, Massachusetts, and now Illinois - not Florida, Texas, Virginia or Pennsylvania.
    2. As a resident of Cook County, living in the Kingdom of Daley does not give him a real world view on firearms in general, concealed ones in particular (I don't think anybody on this forum doesn't know that the only two states without concealed carry are Illinois and neighboring Wisconsin).
    3. As a candidate for office from Cook County, he would be more afraid of someone getting to the left of him on guns.
    4. When he ran for the Senate, he did not have a real opponent.
    5. Nobody in the ongoing primary with the exception of Governor Richardson has a CCW.
    6. Slickette, Biden, Kucinich, Edwards, and Dodd are rabid anti-gunners, and would take the same position in a much more pyrotechnic way.

How should we read this?

1. He is not known as a rabid anti-gunner in the mode of the rest of the Democratic field, or people like Kennedy, Schumer, Finestein, Boxer, etc.
    2. He is from a different generation, one not based in the Democratic Party on bans as the end all, be all.
    3. Unlike others in the Democratic Party, he does indicate some understanding of what Bill Cosby's discussion of the social dysfunctionality in the inter-city.
    4. He does not appear to consider his position central to his political profile.
    5. His staff has no idea what the issue is. If they did, they would have told him that 550,000 voters in Pennsylvania have permits, the highest number in any state.
    6. The real indication of what he thinks about guns will come when DC v Heller comes down. IF it goes the way we want - Individual Rights, Strict Scrutiny, Applies to the States - his response (beyond the I support the 2nd Amendment bromine) will give us a much better idea where he is coming from.

I am voting for McCain on the full range of issues - including 2nd Amendment. I would love it if the Supremes took the issue off the table, but I am willing to go to the Tractor Factory in Stalingrad (so to speak) against any politico to keep my rights.
    Last edited by GHFLRLTD; April 2nd, 2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Improvement
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

I think this thread should stay. If people want to post their political views about the candidates stance on gun control then I feel this is as good a place as any. I think of it like anything else, it's up to the person reading it to decide if they want to read it or not. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to read it. Mark it off in your mind as one that you won't click on.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you are offended, so be it. All amendments in the constitution are important to me, including the first. Everyone posting in this thread has a right to post their views / beliefs, especially when those views / beliefs are related to the 2nd amendment, which is directly related to concealed carry, and therefore those views / beliefs are relevant to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD View Post
    Keep in mind a couple things here:

1. He has lived his life in Hawaii, Massachusetts, and now Illinois - not Florida, Texas, Virginia or Pennsylvania.
    2. As a resident of Cook County, living in the Kingdom of Daley does not give him a real world view on firearms in general, concealed ones in particular (I don't think anybody on this forum doesn't know that the only two states without concealed carry are Illinois and neighboring Wisconsin).
    3. As a candidate for office from Cook County, he would be more afraid of someone getting to the left of him on guns.
    4. When he ran for the Senate, he did not have a real opponent.
    5. Nobody in the ongoing primary with the exception of Governor Richardson has a CCW.
    6. Slickette, Biden, Kucinich, Edwards, and Dodd are rabid anti-gunners, and would take the same position in a much more pyrotechnic way.

How should we read this?

1. He is not known as a rabid anti-gunner in the mode of the rest of the Democratic field, or people like Kennedy, Schumer, Finestein, Boxer, etc.
    2. He is from a different generation, one not based in the Democratic Party on bans as the end all, be all.
    3. Unlike others in the Democratic Party, he does indicate some understanding of what Bill Cosby's discussion of the social dysfunctionality in the inter-city.
    4. He does not appear to consider his position central to his political profile.
    5. His staff has no idea what the issue is. If they did, they would have told him that 550,000 voters in Pennsylvania have permits, the highest number in any state.
    6. The real indication of what he thinks about guns will come when DC v Heller comes down. IF it goes the way we want - Individual Rights, Strict Scrutiny, Applies to the States - his response (beyond the I support the 2nd Amendment bromine) will give us a much better idea where he is coming from.

I am voting for McCain on the full range of issues - including 2nd Amendment. I would love it if the Supremes took the issue off the table, but I am willing to go to the Tractor Factory in Stalingrad (so to speak) against any politico to keep my rights.
    Mike Huckabee and his wife have a CCW from Arkansas (as reported in an article I read).

I don't really like any of the three. I like Ron Paul, but I'm not a "Ron Paul Guy". We need to be vigilant at the Senate, and HR level. If a bill can't make it to the Pres, he/she can't sign it.

Does anybody worry that if the supreme court swung extremely our direction a backlash in the form of an attempt on a new amendment to the constitution could result?

Say the court ruled that all gun laws are null and void and even military arms were legal to be owned by all citizens. (sorry for the slight derailment)

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    IMHO the thread should be closed .. not that i don't agree with it , however i think we can deal with political issues without the candidate specific stuff until both party's choose a candidate . NO candidate ( of either party imho ) will be a stanch defender of the 2nd so lets give all a pass on the issue until the general election .
    Politics are generally removed from the forum when they don't directly relate to guns, the Second Amendment or concealed carry. This post does so will remain open (for now) although I am going to remove any individual posts that are "off topic" as related above. If we can't keep it on topic, it will be closed and removed. Keep your comments related to our subject matter and all is well.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

every were he goes he has someone with a cw covering his butt.
    Ya I guess he would not care about other peolpe, because he's coverd. when was the last time he went to wal-mart in the inter-city at 11:00 PM.........so freken out of touch with the real world.MO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links