Breaking news! GA Concealed Carry Expanded - Page 3

Breaking news! GA Concealed Carry Expanded

This is a discussion on Breaking news! GA Concealed Carry Expanded within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Voted... 86% Yes 14% Go GA......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news! GA Concealed Carry Expanded

Voted...

86% Yes

14%

Go GA...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree Doc. Being a fellow GCO member I have been following this closely. My only concern is the Governor. I havent been able to get a good idea where he stands on the issue. He does have a track record of not letting his fellow Georgians decide issues.

This update was just posted by Rep. Tim Bearden (R-68) (aka “Stonewall”), the author of HB 89 & HB915:

Firearm Discussion :: View topic - Urgent Message From Stonewall

GOOD NEWS...... HB89 has been signed by all Conference Members and it includes everything and the language from HB 257 (including Constable language). HB 257 will not be called since all language is now in the HB89 Conference Report. The report was turned in about 30 minutes ago and must be printed and layed on the desk for an hour.

We are on the edge of the best gun bill in Georgia's history

Great work guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by jabo2818 View Post
    He does have a track record of not letting his fellow Georgians decide issues.
    From what I have heard, there is very little chance of him vetoing a bill that has come out of a conference committee (which HB89 just did).

Looks like the GA poll is currently Yes=86.68% / No=13.32%

The 46 news poll is currently Yes=90% (596 votes) / No 10% (67 votes)

Excellent......the people are speaking.......lets hope the politicians and media have ears to hear!

Jim B

It passed!

The House vote was 106 for 57 against! On to the Gov. for his signature!

HKR
    Congratulations to the other Georgians here and to everyone else too because any victory for the right to carry is a victory for us all.

HKR
    It looks like we get carry in restaurants, state parks, on public transportation and the right to tell NYC mayor bloomberg

I don't think I'm going to sleep any tonight!!!

Comments from GCO on GA Win!

Dear GCO member,

Thanks to your efforts, HB 89 was passed in a landslide today.

HB89 is on its way to the Governor to sign. For the first time in our lifetimes, Georgia Firearms Licensees will be able to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, State Parks (and the buildings thereon), Wildlife Management Areas, and on mass transit. This victory would not have possible without GCO members Sen. John Douglas, and of course Rep Timothy Bearden and their without their personal efforts and leadership. In the darkest days when everyone wanted HB89 to go away, these patriots would not surrender or quit. They are reason why HB89 passed.

Tim Bearden stated tonight after the vote that your contacts made a difference today when the situation appeared bleak.

BRAVO ZULU!!!

Now it's the Governors turn to do the right thing.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I wish that Tennessee could learn from Georga.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

I just received the news from Ga Carry ths is great news

HB89 is on its way to the Governor to sign. For the first time in our lifetimes, Georgia Firearms Licensees will be able to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, State Parks (and the buildings thereon), Wildlife Management Areas, and on mass transit.

From the latest GCO Update:

Dear GCO member,

Thanks to your efforts, HB 89 was passed in a landslide today.

HB89 is on its way to the Governor to sign. For the first time in our lifetimes, Georgia Firearms Licensees will be able to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, State Parks (and the buildings thereon), Wildlife Management Areas, and on mass transit. This victory would not have possible without GCO members Sen. John Douglas, and of course Rep Timothy Bearden and their without their personal efforts and leadership. In the darkest days when everyone wanted HB89 to go away, these patriots would not surrender or quit. They are reason why HB89 passed.

Tim Bearden stated tonight after the vote that your contacts made a difference today when the situation appeared bleak.

Tonight, we'll savor the sweetness of victory and liberty. Tomorrow, we go back to work as there is much to do. In June, Heller v. D.C will be decided and GCO's attorneys will take maximium advantage of the ruling. In the summer, the House and the Senate will hold comprehensive hearings to study Georgia's gun laws, GCO will be there. In November, our friends will be seeking re-election and to the maximum extent allowed by law, GCO will be there. In January, the Legislative session begins anew, GCO will be there with another bill.

I hope you are as excited as I am about the opportunities in front of us to further our right to bear arms. GCO intends to make Georgia the most gun and self-defense friendly state in the USA.

Next time you carry your firearm, remember that you can do so through the efforts of .... Senator John Douglas and Representative Bearden. These men are patriots and have earned our support and gratitude.

Please watch the videos of the vote at the following link. Firearm Discussion :: View topic - Video of House and Senate Vote Sen. Chip Rogers does a wonderful job of fielding hostile questions during the Senate debate.

sweet! considering the only time i really go to downtown atlanta is to go to a restaurant, and i definitely want to be able to carry downtown, this is AWESOME news. there's also a lot of creepy people who frequent kennesaw mountain park right around dark as my girlfriend and i are coming down the mountain from the after work walks she drags me on, too. this definitely makes a big difference.

now if only we can get them to let us carry on college campus.

YES!

Great news...as soon as it's signed, I think my wife and I will visit GA on the Harley...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links