I am amazed at the lack of foresight

This is a discussion on I am amazed at the lack of foresight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No - not that sight on your piece! I am thinking of druggies and their lack of ability (it seems) to be forward looking re ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am amazed at the lack of foresight

Assistant Administrator

I am amazed at the lack of foresight

No - not that sight on your piece!

I am thinking of druggies and their lack of ability (it seems) to be forward looking re consequences.

Appropos my recent post about step-son getting a visit from the state cops, I heard thru grapevine that one of the kids he had superficially (fortunately) been in company with - has let it be known (heresay of course) that to get what he wants (thievery etc to make drug money) will now include the wonderful component of being armed and ''dealing with'' any ''obstructions'' to his purposes.

Nice eh! I mean - it won't be long before he is gonna go down but worrying thing is the apparent attitude, a ''life is cheap'' deal - and so someone maybe has to get hurt before he is taken out of circulation. Fortunately we have good raport with the cops and I think (hope) this dude will be soon dealt with - but not sure if soon enough for my peace of mind.

This has strengthened my resolve at home, particularly for now - which is why Mrs P95 is advised to keep snub accessible and why I include the 870 as well, in a day's watchfullness.

I am not thinking so much of being robbed here - more simply the fact that these punks will try about anything - even if it is something they think is peripheral to their prime objectives - we are by default, slightly - in the frame potentially.

I have said and still say - we are luckily in a very reasonable area but hey - seems not many places immune from the curse of drug oriented dealings.

So bright yellow it is as usual - plus some!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    That really sucks. I live among lots of old folks (mostly retirees) and some working folks like myself. Glad I don't have to be on edge all the time. Hope ya get stuff resolved soon. Take care.

Administrator
    Crack is particularly insidious.
    To the user it becomes more important than anything else.
    They will usually do whatever they need to do to get more.
    Anything goes.
    Smart move keeping yourself at the ready.

DC Founder
    Assuming this guy knows you have quite a collection of guns, I would be on bright orange. If he decides you have something he wants badly enough, he may decide to try something. Keep those eyes in the back of your head open, Chris....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Randy - no, he would have little or no idea about the guns - certainly no idea of details or qty! That is known to very few indeed.

He might well know tho that I am always armed!!!!! I don't make so much of a secret of that, instance house callers who happen to see me around!

I am being very much precautionary and yes yellow/orange will be de facto status for now. I do look odd tho when I wear my glasses on back of my head - makes folks wonder (more than usual)
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    Meth is another bad one, turns people into, well, non people, if you know what I mean. BTW, I rent out mastiffs (have 4) They are sweet, but do make a noise that vibrates the flatware. Barking, that too, no I mean just walking around.

Anyway, sorry to hear it. Who needs any more stress? Still, you're a lot better off than the liberal sheepdom. You've got the two R's (Rug & Rem) while you get your ZZ's.

"He!!, when the man said Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, I just thought he was making a delivery!" ~John Wesley Rawles
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

It's too bad about the drugged out kid. I had a similar situation here not too long ago with an 18y/o nephew. Luckily, he left Texas and went to Florida to be closer to his mama and avoid a warrant involving a minor female. He knows I have quite a few guns and he knows I and my wife have concealed carry permits. He ALSO knows we are aware of not only his problems but his shady friends and told him in no uncertain terms what would happen to any unexpected or unwanted visitors. Luckily, he listened and took the "hint". It's a shame since he was an honor student until he got involved with the wrong crowd a few years ago. Now he's a HS dropout looking over his shoulder for the law to come 'a knockin'.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Just about any anti-social behavior or addiction makes you wonder about the lack of foresight... alcoholism, gambling addiction, even teen pregnancy. The answer, of course is complex and different for every problem and person who has the problem... ranging from "can't happen to me" thru a genuine inability to help oneself.

How do you keep a secret of your gun collection size from your stepson? Assume anything he knows about you Mr. proto-badguy knows too. I vote we all campout on P95's lawn... he buys the beverages ("We ain't passed out we're campin' on the lawn..." to paraphrase a favorite country song). Oh, I'll take a diet Pepsi. (Don't drink anymore AND diabetic... some lives ya just can't win!)
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    A blue eyed, blonde, 100 lb.,cutsie wootsie,little girl is found inside your home,with her hands inside your valuables drawer. You say,"hay,***", she spins around pointing a small revo at you. You'd better figure out right now what your gonna do. Do you want to protect you and your family's life against just certin BG's?The older ones? The mean looking ones? Should it really matter what the BG looks like? Given the same set of circumstances will you kill them all?? -----------

Senior Moderator
    Drug habits are sad from many points of view. I can't help wonder how come "they" do it and others don't - it's far from the simplistic answer of common sense and knowing better. Something's bad wrong in their lives and they have learned that drugs are all they have and is an escape I guess.

I wish there was a "fix" for the problem so we wouldn't have to deal with them when an encounter goes bad. Then, many are in it for the money; they may actually be the more dangerous ones. Whatever, it's one more reason to live in yellow.

Assistant Administrator
    How do you keep a secret of your gun collection size from your stepson?
    tank - he does know what I have, true, but despite all the hassles I have with him I can at least be fairly sure he does not go around broadcasting that.

There is a difference too between a casual ''he has lots of guns'' (could mean significantly more than one), as against ''he has x handguns, y rifles and z shotguns! Folks who have actual seen (as against heard a rumor) - are few.

I plan tho as usual to not make assumptions and expect the unexpected.
    Chris - P95

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    A blue eyed, blonde, 100 lb.,cutsie wootsie,little girl is found inside your home,with her hands inside your valuables drawer. You say,"hay,***", she spins around pointing a small revo at you. You'd better figure out right now what your gonna do. Do you want to protect you and your family's life against just certin BG's?The older ones? The mean looking ones? Should it really matter what the BG looks like? Given the same set of circumstances will you kill them all?? -----------
    Anyone pointing a gun at me, regardless of size, looks, etc, is going to get introduced to as many RA9T rounds as my mag holds. In my world, stopping power is defined by how many holes I can ventilate the BG with.

Many of us look around and feel content that we live in a 'nice' neighborhood. There was a recent drug bust of a meth lab in another part of town. However, it turns out that the mastermoron lived on the next street behind my house. Threats can come from anywhere. It is also an interesting exercise to check out the local perv database and see how many are living where in your neighborhood. You may be surprised, and alarmed.

Chris, we don't need that stress at our age, sorry to hear of your need for a very high alert status. Double check your locking up at night, watch just going outside during the day who may be tracking you. I believe once a person gets hooked their inner self gets taken over and little can control them. Not defending the person rather the situation he has.
    Be alert old chap and keep that xtra 6 shooter handy!
    Best Richard
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Chris:
    If your stepson's "friend" is a tweaker for real (Chronic meth user), he is , when directly under the influence, generally irrational and hence, totally unpredictable. We have a large number of them and the Meth Labs that supply them here where I live in Oregon. They're pretty easy to spot by the way they conduct themselves. Dealt with his kind before when I was a P.O. Be on the lookout. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links