Carry by pregnant women? - Page 2

Carry by pregnant women?

This is a discussion on Carry by pregnant women? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bark'n I would just say, that in all honesty, carrying while you are pregnant is totally a Non-Issue, plain and simple. Of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry by pregnant women?

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I would just say, that in all honesty, carrying while you are pregnant is totally a Non-Issue, plain and simple.

Of course she should keep carrying!

Does she value her life any less now that she's pregnant? I wouldn't think so.

Lead exposure? Non-issue!

Where to carry? Where she normally carries. If and when that becomes uncomfortable, find a different location or method that is comfortable.
    I agree completely here...all are non-issues! Having to maintain the ability to defend one's self is the only issue...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead is most readily absorbed by inhalation; most common culprit is coal burning power plants and metals refining facilities (which also put cadmium, nickle and mercury into the air)
    Simply handling lead is not a problem. Wash your hands, problem solved.
    If you wish to carry, by all means do. Remember your gravid appearance marks you as a "soft target" and street rats today have no respect for the ill, the aged, the infirm, the elderly ... or the pregnant.
    My comments, again, are based on too many years' experience in both public health and law enforcement.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

My wife also carried in her purse during pregnancy, after pregnancy she switched to using the diaper bag for carry more often, as said before , no one want's to steal a "loaded" diaper bag. Congradulations by the way. Best of luck, our little one is five months old now, they really do change your world, and it's so worth it.

I agree that it is always wise to carry the most potent handgun that you can. However, if you need the smallest and lightest then the KT P3AT comes to mind, along with the new Ruger "clone."
    I have never used the clip with my KT, but I have a friend who does, and that might be an option. One might find it uncomfortable.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I agree that it is always wise to carry the most potent handgun that you can. However, if you need the smallest and lightest then the KT P3AT comes to mind, along with the new Ruger "clone."
    I have never used the clip with my KT, but I have a friend who does, and that might be an option. One might find it uncomfortable.

Regards,
    Jerry
    The clip can be used as a holster, if you're careful not to snag it on chairs etc. That is, putting the "wrong side" clip so that it will ride outside the belt instead of inside. I've carried mine (my wife's ) as an off-side BUG that way, and it works quite well - and the draw is as fast as an OWB holster since it isn't stuffed down inside the pants. As I said, just be sure it won't snag as you move around so you don't dislodge it unexpectedly or bend the spring clip.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Keep the gun clean after it is used....use FMJ only, and only use it if in need, better to have it and not need to use it than not have it and wish you had it.

A few bullets to save your life and your baby are probably better than not having them.

Quote Originally Posted by jabo2818 View Post
    you mentioned overalls earlier, that might be something to try. her bersa might fit nicelly in the front pouch.
    I'm no expert on concealed carry, but I do know a thing or two about pregancy--us having ANOTHER kid has been a running thing for about 16 years now!--and FWIW, I think a pregnant woman looks real cute (well, my wife, anyway) in overalls. And yeah, a pocket holster in that front pouch should work well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links