KY Members--Help Me Out for NRA in May

This is a discussion on KY Members--Help Me Out for NRA in May within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An admittedly cursory reading of handgunlaw.us leads me to believe that I could carry under my TN Handgun Carry Permit at the Exposition Center in ...

Thread: KY Members--Help Me Out for NRA in May

VIP Member

An admittedly cursory reading of handgunlaw.us leads me to believe that I could carry under my TN Handgun Carry Permit at the Exposition Center in Louisville (I can only attend on Friday, 16 May 08, and only the exhibits and seminars--not the dinner or anything else on other days). Am I correct or completely off-base? Thanks!

Anyone also know how much tickets are, I can't find anything on they're site.

Also, do you have to be an NRA member to go?
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
    Anyone also know how much tickets are, I can't find anything on they're site.

Also, do you have to be an NRA member to go?
    IIRC....

The show floor is free if your a member. If your not a member its $10 to sign up at the door.

Ticket Prices for the banquet etc... are usually around $75. However, by this point there usually sold out.

Home Site for NRA KY. 137th NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXH

PS Heres the info on the banquet Annual Meeting
    Schedule Annual Meeting

PSS
    Having been now to the last 2 annual meetings heres some advice.

Make sure you hit up the NIGHT life.

When I went to Milwaukee in 2006, we had a bar in the hotel and I drank with Ronnie Barrett and his son and played him in a few games of Pool. That same bar Chris Cox the Director of ILA would not stop playing VIDEO Games, in fact I think he won the highscore on GALAGA for the entire city of Milwaukee. Last year was freaking awesome at the Bud Plant. I know hes not the favorite around gun people any more but last year I smoked a cigar with Joaquin Jackson, and hung out with Dick Metcalf. My friends ran into Tom selleck at one of the bars. The Best part of those meetings is going out and having a few beers with some good fun loving gun people, that love freedom.

Anyway have fun.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

IIRC, the center is posted (or will be posted), but in KY that only means they can ask you to leave. Not sure if they do any screening at the entrance though. I'd like to believe the NRA would enver do that, but it might have been a requirement to holding the convention there. Maybe someone else can provide more details.

Your TN permit is good here. In fact, I think KY recognizes all permits as valid.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Last meeting I was working the floor. G23 was always with me in my VM-II.

The last meetings I've been to there are no Metal Detectors and it seems like a don't ask don't tell. However, with the Negligent Discharge at SHOT SHOW this year by and FN employeee there maybe some checking this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    IIRC, the center is posted (or will be posted), but in KY that only means they can ask you to leave. Not sure if they do any screening at the entrance though. I'd like to believe the NRA would enver do that, but it might have been a requirement to holding the convention there. Maybe someone else can provide more details.

Your TN permit is good here. In fact, I think KY recognizes all permits as valid.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

My invitation pointed me to here:

NRA-ILA :: 2008 ILA Dinner and Auction

which shows $300 per person for the dinner/auction.

Ron
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I'll be there. If anyone wants to meet up PM me and we can work something out.

I've been to the KY convention center many times, I don't recall any signs and nobody was checking.

Hard to tell about this particular event, but I'd imagine it's don't ask - don't tell.
    It is Kentucky ya know.

Links