U.S. Carry Map

This is a discussion on U.S. Carry Map within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may have been previously posted, but a friend e-mailed it to me and it looked interesting:...

Thread: U.S. Carry Map

U.S. Carry Map

This may have been previously posted, but a friend e-mailed it to me and it looked interesting:
    Last edited by Bumper; April 12th, 2008 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Link removed because of inaccuracies.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Add these two resources to your arsenal. They are interactive map generators that generate maps where you are legal to carry while traveling.

Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map
    Interactive Permit Maps - USA Carry - Concealed Firearm Information and Resources
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Three very interesting web sites! I liked them all. But I do have a question for you all. I know it is dumb and I will most likely get mad fun of. But I am going to ask this anyway because I just want to know for future referance. But on Howardcohodas- your second link I click on Missouri and it said kansas and co was yellow. stating that MO res permits only. What does that mean. WE can carry in those states or what?
    I know dumb question but I tend not to be the smartest person in the world most of the time or just try to complicate things for myself.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Is Montana now a "Vermont style" carry?

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Is Montana now a "Vermont style" carry?
    Definitely not. Not a snowball's chance in Hades of that happening before 2009, the next session of the Montana Legislature. So far, no sponsors for a Vermont style carry bill have come forward.

The dark green coloring of Montana on the first map is in error.

Concealed carry permits in Montana are only required within the boundaries of an incorporated city or town. Therefore, outside city limits, one can legally carry a concealed firearm without a permit.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
    Three very interesting web sites! I liked them all. But I do have a question for you all. I know it is dumb and I will most likely get mad fun of. But I am going to ask this anyway because I just want to know for future referance. But on Howardcohodas- your second link I click on Missouri and it said kansas and co was yellow. stating that MO res permits only. What does that mean. WE can carry in those states or what?
    I know dumb question but I tend not to be the smartest person in the world most of the time or just try to complicate things for myself.
    What it means is that KS & CO recognize Missouri Permits only if they are carried by Missouri residents. In other word, say you are from AR and obtain a Missouri permit you could not carry in KS & CO.

Ooooo I got ya!! Thanks for clearin that up for me digitalexplr. Sometimes I like to over think things and not look at the simple pic. lol Seems pretty obivous now that I think about it.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I like the one that says, "Right Denied - 2 States: concealed self defense outlawed, politicians exempt"
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Stitch some people in Missouri opted to obtain permits from Florida or Utah instead of Missouri permits. Those permits allowed carry in more states than ours did when we first got the right to carry here. So the yellow means if you're a Missouri resident and have a don't have a valid Missouri carry permit, but do have a Florida or Utah permit it will not be honored.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Errors

Yeah, the guy who originally sent the map warned me not to depend on it for staying out of jail

As always, we need to be careful and check each state's statutes before carrying. The maps illuminate some interesting things about the different states, though.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I like the one that says, "Right Denied - 2 States: concealed self defense outlawed, politicians exempt"
    If this doesn't make your blood boil, what would?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Murexway View Post
    Yeah, the guy who originally sent the map warned me not to depend on it for staying out of jail

As always, we need to be careful and check each state's statutes before carrying. The maps illuminate some interesting things about the different states, though.
    I e-mailed the map's creator yesterday, informing him that the information about Montana was incorrect & cited the applicable Montana statute.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

i liked the little hammer and sickle on IL. on the first map.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

DC Founder
    I removed the link from the original post because of the inaccuracies in the map and will remove the thread, not really useful now, tomorrow....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links