state reciprocity ?

This is a discussion on state reciprocity ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i never paid much attention to the state reciprocity map before but, now that i have my CHL i looked at it and was very ...

Thread: state reciprocity ?

state reciprocity ?

i never paid much attention to the state reciprocity map before but, now that i have my CHL i looked at it and was very surprised that TX and FL. do not honor each others carry permits, or at least FL. does not honor TX.permits. i think we have a lot of the same laws concerning concealed carry so i dont understand this.
    why dont all shall issue states honor each others permits now that i think of it?
    do they just want to make money from non-resident permits? it couldn't bring much money in i wouldn't think.
    why are some states like this when the majority of states honor a lot of state permits like Texas and Alaska?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    I just looked it up again to be sure, we (FL) do recognize Texas, and Texas does recognise FL. There is a question out there about weather FL recognises a TX out of state license. What is the source you are looking at?
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

VIP Member
    Texas honors all Florida permits. Florida honors Texas resident permits, but not non resident permits. It appears for the most part Florida does not recognize permits issued to non residents of other states, which is surprizing since they issue non resident permits themselves.

Most states require the other state to have qualification and training requirements at least as stringent as theirs. Sometimes there are other silly things...Nevada won't accept Arizona's because ours don't have our photo on them, so I had to get a non-resident Utah permit to carry in Nevada. Standardization would be nice.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    I just looked it up again to be sure, we (FL) do recognize Texas, and Texas does recognise FL. There is a question out there about weather FL recognises a TX out of state license. What is the source you are looking at?
    the map i looked at had it right. i just got confused about it. its easy to do.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I don't know what map your looking at, but I live in texas and I know for sure that fla. recipricates.

i am trying to figure out what state permit along w/my TX. permit would give me the most amount of states to carry legally in.

― Thomas Paine

As a rule, Utah and Florida give the best coverage. Utah's an easy 4 hour class with no qualification.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    Archer51 Good point about FL issue to Non-Res. But will not recognises Non-Res from other States.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    As a rule, Utah and Florida give the best coverage. Utah's an easy 4 hour class with no qualification.
    At one time I had both non-resident permits for FL and UT.... Both had great coverage.... I finally decided not to renew my FL permit......as my home state Colorado permit and non-resident Utah permit covers LOTS of states...

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

It can be confusing between resident and non-resident permit holders.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    yes, to get a Utah permit you have to take the class by an instructor certified by Utah. the closest one to Austin is in FT. Worth i believe.

― Thomas Paine

Links