interesting mail

This is a discussion on interesting mail within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; got a letter from the American Federation of Police & Concerned Citzens asking me to join them. for $75.00 i get a badge, a wallet ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: interesting mail

interesting mail

got a letter from the American Federation of Police & Concerned Citzens asking me to join them. for $75.00 i get a badge, a wallet to put it in,1 year membership, car emblem, subscription to Police Times, admission to the museum and range discounts. get this, they want me to send my license number, photo copy preferred. i don't think so. anybody else get this letter? p.s. the vice president is a cop in the next county whose dept. is being investigated for assorted problems.

2. Remove Ads

With the recent events in NOLA, I'd be more tempted to send them a DVD of a grandmother being tackled, disarmed, and forced out of her home by the CHP.

Administrator

I would pass on that "deal"

The wallet that they give you will have $75.00 less dollars in it.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The wallet that they give you will have $75.00 less dollars in it.
    Doesnt Sound like a Deal to me

no way i'm giving them $75.00. if i wanted a badge i could get one for $5.00 at a show.i just hope nobody gives them their license number, much less a photocopy.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I'd call up his department IAD and ask: ***?

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    p.s. the vice president is a cop in the next county whose dept. is being investigated for assorted problems.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    Is that a rotten fish odor I detect??

Fish - spelled S-C-A-M??
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    This ain't Denmark, but something smells. I have a badge for you for only $50. You need a scissors to cut it out.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I think I'd send them a letter saying "I was born at night, just not last night".

Does the small print have a request for your SS card as well?
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Craig45, You also need to tell these kind folk that the badge was a CCW badge that also had "FLA" stamped on it.(I got the same mail yesterday over here in PNS.) First thing that I said to myself is,do the cops condone carring and displaying a CCW "badge"? It also stated that this was a "concealed weapons shield".Also they(in their paperwork) call this a "Firearms Safety Badge". The info also sez "The American Federation of Police and Concerned Citizens has available a shield shown above that is designed to PREVENT (if your firearm becomes accidentally exposed) you being taken as a criminal." The paperwork also eludes to the fact that this "organization" has some kinda ties to the National Association of Chiefs of Police. WOW !! Will post more info from this mailing later today. This little tidbit will give ya'll something to chew on for now.-------------

Senior Moderator
    Some of the organizations that claim to be raising money for various police and firemen needs are too often helping themselves far more than helping the people they claim. For example, they may keep a large percentage of the donated monies and only give a small portion to the police or fire.

I've asked them and one was honest enough to tell me the percentage passed on to the policeman's fund in this case; it was something like 20%.

rssz.. i see you got the same thing. lets see, costs me $75.00 for a shield in case somebody sees my gun. costs me $00.00 for keeping my gun concealed. hmmm, tough choice. i went to their web site and the vice pres.'s name is the same as a local homebuilder. i wanna find out if he's even on the force just to satisfy my own curiosity. no way i'm joining. just thought i'd put it on here to see if anybody else got one too.

Since I got in to carry'in I have seen the ads for those badges and also at gun shows. They look like they would just get you into trouble. Does anybody use one of these and does anyone know if the cops 'approve' of you using one as ID or wahtever they are supposed to be for?

Assistant Administrator
    XD - In discussion previously on this subject (CCW ''badges'') - the general concensus is a no-no - and I agree.

Concealed is concealed which means nothing advertizes the status quo - and second, anything that might smell of ''impersonating a police officer'' is likely to induce bad karma.

Strikes me it is really only cop wannabees and macho young CCW's who want to display some power or importance - it'd be less the badge in fact and more - ''look at me - I gotta gun''!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar

Angry Me Too

I got my letter today. Same outfit, same deal. Looks like all CCW's in Florida are on the list. Next question---How did they get my name and address? The letter is addressed to me as a CCW holder. Who told them? Sounds very fishy to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links