Got pulled over by a rookie today

This is a discussion on Got pulled over by a rookie today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wallew I've GOT to address numerous issues, mainly regarding LEO's. So, for all the LEO's out there. No offense, but just because ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 143 of 143

Thread: Got pulled over by a rookie today

  1. #136
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    I've GOT to address numerous issues, mainly regarding LEO's.

    So, for all the LEO's out there. No offense, but just because you've had training (firearms seems to be the least amount of training MOST of you get) doesn't mean you are actually 'qualified' to disarm a citizen. Listening to you whine about how dangerous your job is and how all you see is the bad side of life, well that's the job YOU TOOK VOLUNTARILY. No one put a gun to your head. And nothing is keeping you there. Yah, yah, I know, you wanted to 'help people'. BECOME A PRIEST OR RABBI OR SOCIAL WORKER IF YOU FEEL THAT NEED TO HELP PEOPLE. This doesn't even address the 'authoritarian complex' so many LEO's have and express daily.

    Unless you are SWAT, YOUR JOB IS TO FILL OUT PAPERWORK AFTER A CRIME IS COMMITTED. Regardless of what everyone sees on TV. And you ALL know it. That's Law Enforcement's 'dirty little secret'. Anyone who thinks their job is to 'Protect and Serve' is seriously deluded.
    I don't know what world you live in, Mr. Degreed Gunsmith, but in my neck of the woods regular patrol officers respond to bank robberies, burglaries, violent domestic disturbances, shots fired, and a host of other violent "in-progress" runs on a daily basis. That's the truth, no matter how big you type otherwise in capital letters. Most of the officers killed in my department's history have been detectives and regular patrol officers. And they didn't die from paper cuts filling out a damn report.

    I don't whine about my job, I love being a police officer. I took the job to put criminals in jail and to help people. Religious authorities and social workers are needed, but if you think a police officer never helps anyone by confronting the criminal element in society, then you dishonor the memory of all those who have fallen in the line of duty when you insist that,
    except for SWAT, police officers are bunch of paper-pushers who are deluded for wanting to protect and serve.
    And for those who whine and need their nose wiped because they are LAWFULLY disarmed by a police officer during a traffic stop....it's not the officer with the "authority issue."

    Thinking you can't be disarmed because you have a CCW permit is like thinking you can drive however you want just because you have a driver's license.
    Yeah....pretty easy to see the REAL issue here.

    I strongly support a citizen's right to carry a concealed weapon. My dad has a permit, and so do several of my non-police friends. I truly believe that chaos will ensue if citizens are ever disbarred the use of arms to defend themselves and their families. But if I see a need to disarm you during a traffic stop, it may be because I have information that you are not privy to, and I may not have the time and opportunity to explain "why" to you. If you get so upset about a lawful detention and temporary disarming by the lawful authority, then I would question whether you truly are "one of the good guys." It's a carry permit, not an automatic "I obey all laws and know more about firearms than you do" permit.

    Everybody wants the police to stop THAT guy who is speeding down their street. How quickly they change their tune when the shoe is on the other foot.

    I seriously don't see why we spend the money for police academies, since it's obvious that EVERYBODY knows our job.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #137
    VIP Member Array LongRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    How many guys or girls do you know that have ccw that should not have one even though they have passed the background and the classes.
    Excuse me? Should NOT have a CCW? Well actually no one should ever have a ccw. No one should ever be required to obtain permission, a permit, license, certification, or authorization to exercise an inalienable God given right. No one other than God gave me life and by doing so the RIGHT to defend that life by any and all means possible. It is not my place or anyones place especially not the governments place to supersede God to decide who should be "allowed" authorized, permitted licensed to live or have the means to defend that life, including the right to bear arms. I believe exactly what my sig says, which is exactly what those who wrote the Constitution and Bill of Rights believed. It truly offends me to read Sara Brady propaganda here, if I believed any of their liberal socialist crap I'd sign up on their forum.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

  4. #138
    TyC
    TyC is offline
    Member Array TyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orem, Utah
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Excuse me? Should NOT have a CCW? Well actually no one should ever have a ccw. No one should ever be required to obtain permission, a permit, license, certification, or authorization to exercise an inalienable God given right. No one other than God gave me life and by doing so the RIGHT to defend that life by any and all means possible. It is not my place or anyones place especially not the governments place to supersede God to decide who should be "allowed" authorized, permitted licensed to live or have the means to defend that life, including the right to bear arms. I believe exactly what my sig says, which is exactly what those who wrote the Constitution and Bill of Rights believed. It truly offends me to read Sara Brady propaganda here, if I believed any of their liberal socialist crap I'd sign up on their forum.
    Quoted for truth!
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  5. #139
    DC Founder
    Array Bumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    20,045
    I went through the Denver Police Academy and saw no shot up range. Many, not most, of the recruits coming in were not very good shots. By the time they got out, they were, though, on paper, pretty darned good shots. If they weren't, they would not have graduated....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

  6. #140
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    Fllagflyfish, I bet you didn't predict this much entertainment!
    LEO's have one of the most dangerous jobs around. They put themselves in harm's way daily! We all talk about, if you know there's trouble avoid it, while they drive straight to it!
    I understand and agree with disarming during a stop, what I don't like is getting handed a handful of bullets and told not to reload my weapon, or putting it in my toolbox once the stop is done!!
    Breaking the law is not the only reason you will get pulled over, profiling is alive and well. It may be for race,gender,vehicle,time of night, the area you happen to be rolling through!

    Keep it holstered and in your control until time to leave, then give it back!! I've broken no law by carrying! Set it on the hood and I will pick it up when you leave.
    There are a few bad cops that hurts the opinion about LEO, from the one's that have dealt with them and the people they told about it.
    LEO are just people with high stress jobs. It is impossible for all of them to always be right, unless your on the side of the road with one behind you, then no matter what you say or do there right. It will cost you to prove otherwise!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  7. #141
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,726
    Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post

    But it all boils down to this. If you WANT RESPECT, YOU HAVE TO GIVE RESPECT.
    Thats right.

    Because your a 'smith and know some cops, doesnt meant squat for this topic. Insert what ever occupation you want here, because they all have worked hard to get where they are and deserve respect for that.
    You can't possibly understand the job and whats its all about until you do it; heck, most rookies dont even fully understand until they have about 5 years of fulltime work under their belt.

    Nobody here wants to trample rights, they simply want to go home at the end of the shift. You know that your a decent person, but we dont. I dont take assumptions, and I havent made it out of the numerous bad situations because I give the benefit of the doubt. Everybody here thats saying they shouldnt be disarmed is looking at the issue through a very narrow scope, from their perspective only. You have to think of it from the officers point of view, and as a unknown person behind the wheel, not themselves. Only you know that you wont do anything bad with your pistol.

    And I'm sure I'll be sorry to stir this pot, but the CCW "training" and "background" checks done in any state is pathetic. It doesnt qualify as eithier IMO. I know this, most cops know this, thats why it doesnt mean a thing to me.

    I typically wont disarm anybody during a traffic stop, but give the the slightest indication of weirdness and I will. Like it or not, thats the way it is.
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 10th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  8. #142
    Member Array JAG45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Arkansas I-40 heading west
    Posts
    206
    Thanks for the imput Sixto. This dicussion has come a long way and everyone has put up some good opinions and most are valid to some extent. But what counts on a traffic stop is the two people involved and making assumptions on one side can lead to hard feelings and a whole lot of trouble on the other.

    In the small department I work for there has been more than one case where a person was stopped carring with a CCL an had outstanding felony warrants, for some reason his CCL had not been pulled. I was suprised when I heard this and did take the time to look it up. So just because you have a CCL it does not make everyone a good guy.

  9. #143
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,233


    Get the posts in now guys, I'm wagering a lock on this one is coming soon...



    ETA: OK, the show is over.




    The bash the LEO Merry-go-round is done for now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Pulled over today
    By redrick in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: July 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
  2. Almost pulled my gun today
    By TXGLOCK29 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: June 7th, 2008, 03:12 AM
  3. Got pulled over today...
    By Chaddae52 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 6th, 2007, 12:26 PM

Search tags for this page

rookie leos

Click on a term to search for related topics.