Question for Florida members

This is a discussion on Question for Florida members within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have any florida members here been on the keywest express ferry? If so were you able to ccw? Do they check bags or have metal ...

Have any florida members here been on the keywest express ferry? If so were you able to ccw? Do they check bags or have metal detectors? Thanks for any help guys

Looks like you're not suppossed to

Key West Express provides passenger ferry service from Fl gulf coast to Key West

2. Entry. In connection with entry on the Vessel, the following rules apply:

A. Each adult Passenger is permitted to bring no more than two carry-ons aboard the Vessel. Passengers are prohibited from carrying aboard the Vessel controlled substances, alcoholic beverages, weapons, firearms, explosives or other similar property or anything contained in glass. KWE reserves the right to refuse to permit any Passenger to carry aboard Vessel any item KWE deems inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Do they check bags or have metal detectors?
    These questions make me nervous. Carry legally or not at all.

If the ship goes into international waters, then the Captain is the law. If the ship stays in state waters, you have Florida CWL law, which basically says 'it's okay."

I don't like the idea of this board being used to highlight security methods which are unrelated to self-defense. You're a good guy; but the BGs surf the net.

FLsquirrelhunter I only ask as I don't want to be caught at the gate with my gun on and find out theres metal detectors. I believe they do stay in florida waters as it only goes to the keys from the florida mainland. For what its worth I carry 100% of the time but only where its legal,I don't/wouldn't break the law reguarding ccw laws.

FLsquirrelhunter I only ask as I don't want to be caught at the gate with my gun on and find out theres metal detectors. I believe they do stay in florida waters as it only goes to the keys from the florida mainland. For what its worth I carry 100% of the time but only where its legal,I don't/wouldn't break the law reguarding ccw laws.
    Seems to me that you are looking for someone on an internet site to give you permission to break the law. Why not read socuban's post and let it go? Why ask a question if you don't want an answer?

If you know that to be in error then you owe it to use to post a "real" reply. But, of course, that would mean you had no reason for your original question.

I've been on it and cuz we were late going they just let us on but wand us on the return . It's my understanding if you call and explain it's left up to the captain but know that to be fact. I do have 1 question it's all bars there , your not planning on carrying in a bar r u? Yeah the KWE has metal detectors.

No I do not plan on carrying in bars I guess I'll leave the gun at home then because I don't want to get into any trouble. What I was trying to ask if it was simply KWE policy to fobid ccw or florida law that prevents it. And stevePVB I mean no disrespect at all by saying this to you,but you are incorrect in that I'm looking for someone on an internet site to give me permission to break the law. Thanks for the replies everyone.

KWE policy to fobid ccw or florida law ...
    Florida has no authority to license (or restrict) carry outside the three nautical mile limit. And beyond 12nm miles is outside Federal regulatory jurisdiction (except economic, which extends to 100nm or halfway to Cuba, whichever is less).

While at sea, it is entirely up to the ship's Captain.

IANAL!

Links