Az is getting closer

Az is getting closer

This is a discussion on Az is getting closer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We are gaining in some states. Dustin's Gun Blog: AZ SB 1214 Update CCW on Campus I would take an extra shooting course to be ...

Az is getting closer

We are gaining in some states.

Dustin's Gun Blog: AZ SB 1214 Update CCW on Campus

I would take an extra shooting course to be able to carry on campus.

Senior Moderator
    Me too!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Good to hear, now lets see it get passed

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I am seriously excited about this!! haha
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    I am seriously excited about this!! haha
    I'm wondering how the University will handle this one for staffers? Legal but against policy would be my guess. Oh well, I'll be thrilled if it passes knowing responsible CCW students are allowed to carry on campus (albeit a bit jealous ).
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

I can't wait till FL follows suit

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedAviator View Post
    I'm wondering how the University will handle this one for staffers? Legal but against policy would be my guess. Oh well, I'll be thrilled if it passes knowing responsible CCW students are allowed to carry on campus (albeit a bit jealous ).
    Ya know man I really would be shocked if none of the professors carried. I'm almost positive Burgess did when he was still around (but alas I have no proof). Sucks that you guys get the shaft like that, though. Well if its legal then maybe deep concealment might be the way to go????? But is it worth it? Meh. Think about how the school handles finding students with firearms. Most of the time its a slap on the wrist and a "remove it from campus" - at worst a suspension. I personally know a kid who had an ND in Hall 5 and got two semesters suspension. He didn't return though. Tough call.

I think there will be a lot of carry here, though, with students. Just walk around campus and see how many people have knives clipped to their pockets.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

So what happened today? Was it heard and a vote taken?

Go AZ...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great steps forward...lets all keep this going in our states too...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

SB 1214 is dead.... As an ASU student I am not happy about this. With our large student population as with any large population that means you have a greater number of unstable and disturbed people.

Last night on campus I saw an individual hit one of the police call boxes, I went and asked if they needed any help, the kid hardly spoke english and told me he got in a fight with his sister and she wont answer her phone... Yea way to use 911 for that one, any half brained idiot would know getting in a fight with something they usually wont answer their phone... Anyways to get to my point I decided to wait around and see how long it would take for an officer to respond. 10 minutes went by after the dispatcher said they would send someone out, I ended up walking away and about 5 minutes later spotted a cop going in his direction. (granted this was not an emergency but on at night on campus you cant find any security, plus you have the crazy drugged up homeless from mill walking around asking for money.)

But anyways back to my point... ASU is just a disaster waiting to happen, I would of thought after the MU fire they would pass this bill quickly. Hell just pick up the ASU news paper and in each issue you will find some assault or attempted rape reported that happened on or near campus.

Heck just me alone I know of 3-4 unstable people on campus, 2 of them from the dorm that freshman year tried to kill themeless from depression and a few other whack jobs from the dorm that took getting back at people a little to far. (But never used a weapon but its only a matter of time)

Honestly I would be happy if we could just carry from our cars to a location on campus and have our arms securely stored. I am more afraid about the surrounding area especially walking back to my car at night, since I figure the odds of being near a school shooter on campus are low but the odds of getting attacked in the dark parking lot or surrounding area are much greater.

He's right.

Legislation

Damn I'm mad. I'll end it here.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review

Links