If It's Any Consolation, I Am Going To Shoot Myself After I Kill All Of You

This is a discussion on If It's Any Consolation, I Am Going To Shoot Myself After I Kill All Of You within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rev9mm I may not agree with what he says at all, but I will defend to the death his right to say ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If It's Any Consolation, I Am Going To Shoot Myself After I Kill All Of You

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9mm View Post
    I may not agree with what he says at all, but I will defend to the death his right to say it.

At this point, I'm not at all sure I could! Or would even want to, for that matter.
    Last edited by JD; April 11th, 2008 at 08:08 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I remember after 9/11... SNL wasn't running (and when they came back on the air they even asked, "Is it okay to be funny?" ... to which Guliani responded, "Why start now?")...and everything was very serious. But quite possibly the first thing that made me REALLY laugh was this article from the Onion:

Hijackers Surprised To Find Selves In Hell | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I'm sure it offended a lot of people, but I loved it.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

I don't get the article. I found it in poor taste, a waste of electrons, and a waste of my time.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Wow, this is turning into a North versus South civil war. Life is too short to let a silly little newspaper ruin your day. If you want, buy the newspaper and take it to the range for target practice. That way you can truly say that their stories are full of holes. Ok , I know, THAT was a bad attempt at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    If you want, buy the newspaper and take it to the range for target practice. That way you can truly say that their stories are full of holes. Ok , I know, THAT was a bad attempt at humor.
    Not bad at all, very clever!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Chill out. It is nothing but satire pushing the need for self defense. Oh I forgot to mention, that kind of stuff never happens to me or anyone I know - so if it is not satire, so be it.

I didn't find it "funny," but very cutting satire. He pretty much nailed the social conundrum of "how do we deal with this?!?" on the head.

That is my take on it too.

But of course, note this:

I don't know about where you live, but here in MI a bank is a gun-free (or, as some like to call it, a "target rich"--now that's funny!) zone.

Very subtly reinforces my notion that a so-called gun-free zone only endangers people because it prevents law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and others.
    FYI Banks are not gun-free zones in Michigan. If your particular bank has a no guns sign, take your business somewhere else.

MSP - Pistol Free Areas

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    I dont think you guys got the point... It apears to me that they newspaper is arguing more in our favor, diplaying how idiotic our oppenents thinking really is. Its not to be taken seriously, its to make a point.
    I agree but it is still one of the most disturbing things ive read in ahwile

Quote Originally Posted by Grislic View Post
    FYI Banks are not gun-free zones in Michigan. If your particular bank has a no guns sign, take your business somewhere else.

MSP - Pistol Free Areas
    "grislic" is completely correct....
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

it was, if we cant trust my shadowy overlords who can we trust...

Personally I didn't find it funny at all. In extremely poor taste.

That being said, a paraphrase is in order: I may not agree with what he says at all, but I will defend to the death his right to say it.
    true, always has been one of my favorite quotes and surprisingly by a Frenchman, Voltaire.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

The deranged mind feeds on this type of mental process. The kids that shot up Columbine expressed similar thought patterns. Some may see this as humor and others may see this as totally sick and distasteful. The reality is that there are people out there with just this type of thought process which feeds their twisted mind. In their attempt at humor they are closer to the truth than they will ever realize. All the more reason for each one of us to keep prepared and ever on the watch, equiped and able to immediately deal with the threat at hand. This week in Dayton Ohio an Air National Guard police officer received the highest medal of honor in the Air Guard for his personal actions taken after a store robbery near his house left the store owner and an assistant dead on the floor. The off duty officer took his personal pistol and responded to the area and captured one of the shooters just outside the store. This is Second Ammendment rights in action.

By Andrew McGinn

Staff Writer

Monday, April 07, 2008

SPRINGFIELD In more than four years as a military police officer at the Springfield Air National Guard Base, Robert Bragg has never had to pull a gun on anybody.

But for pulling his personal 9mm pistol on a pair of gunmen in Dayton last summer, he was awarded the Ohio National Guard's highest honor.

Staff Sgt. Bragg, a 2001 Tecumseh High School graduate, was given the Ohio Cross Sunday, April 6, by Gov. Ted Strickland at the Springfield Air National Guard Base.

"This is something special," Bragg said before the ceremony at the base.

But for Bragg, Sunday's ceremony complete with a reception and photo op with the governor himself was bittersweet.

"As far as the pain," he said, "it doesn't make it any easier."

Off duty at the time, Bragg was sitting on his Dayton porch last August when he heard shots fired, then saw two men in ski masks emerge from a nearby grocery store with guns.

The store's 71-year-old owner and an employee were dead inside.

Armed with courage and, as wing commander Col. Mike Roberts put it Sunday, "the hardware guaranteed by the Second Amendment," Bragg went into action.

He personally forced one of the men to surrender.

"I never thought about my life being in danger until it was over," Bragg, 25, confessed.

Just the ninth recipient of the Ohio Cross, the medal honors members of the Guard and Reserves for gallantry.

A senior at Wright State University, Bragg still lives at the same place which serves as a daily reminder of the incident.

"It's hard for me to even look down that end of the street," he explained. "It's still very real."

I thought it was humorus!
    hell,it may not be far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grislic View Post

MSP - Pistol Free Areas

Yes, you are right that they are not state-mandated gun-free zones. I stand corrected.

Just read the article....my thoughts are, "what a jackass."
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links