Got it!

This is a discussion on Got it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my license arrived yesterday. The wait is over. The bad part is that the company I work for has a no firearm policy on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got it!

Got it!

Well my license arrived yesterday. The wait is over.

The bad part is that the company I work for has a no firearm policy on co. property, including the parking lot. I work nights and have a long commute and feel it's a shame to not have my gun with me for the drive.

Florida recently passed a "take you guns to work" law. I wish Oregon would do the same.
    Last edited by rocky; April 11th, 2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: comments

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Congrats on the permit.

I agree with you. Oregon needs to pass a castle doctrine and a few other laws. Of course, depending on who wins the next election, it may all well be moot.

But enjoy it while you can.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Glock View Post
    Well my license arrived yesterday. The wait is over. I've never held a CHL before, but I have carried concealed when I was in my early 20's. I know it's busch league to carry illegally, but we were all young at some point.

The bad part is that the company I work for has a no firearm policy on co. property, including the parking lot. I work nights and have a long commute and feel it's a shame to not have my gun with me for the drive.

Florida recently passed a "take you guns to work" law. I wish Oregon would do the same.
    Congrats...on the new permit!

Note: FL's "Guns-Kept-Locked-In-Your-Car" legislation still needs to be signed into law yet, and it is expected that the Gov. will do just that...we'll see!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

good going on your permit.
    you're in your early 20s find a co. that allows carry at work.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Congrats

Congrats!!!

Congrats on your permit.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Congratulations. Be wise, stay safe!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Question

OK, from the start -I know I am not too bright but I have a question concerning this topic and pistol free mall etc..
    Here in Michigan it is not against the law for me to ccw in for example the mall or the bank even if they have signs. That said, if they ask me to leave because they saw my weapon then I leave. If I don't I then get a tresspassing charge.
    If they call the police without asking me to leave first then the police will ask me to leave, no laws broken.. All that is rather moot if I am carrying concealed in the first place. I don't pay any heed to those signs on buisnesses and I've never had a problem. As it relates to work, if you drive to work with your weapon and lock it in the car when you go in, what's the problem? Nobody knows you have it and that's what you want anyway isn't it? Again, just throwing out questions as every state is different.
    Also congrats.

Here in GA, the bill is passed and waiting on the Governor to sign. My company has the same no-firearms policy for vehicles.

Can't wait for him to sign it.

Congratulations on your permit. My company also bans guns from the premises, their parking lot, and any vehicle used for company business. All I did was get a cheap Fobus paddle for carry to work and back; I disarm and toss both the holster and gun in the glove box while I'm a few blocks away, and nobody is the wiser. Nobody at work knows I carry, and it's staying that way.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    congrats

Distinguished Member
    Congrads. Carry it where you can.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

VIP Member
    Congratulations!

I have the same issue at work so I park off company property and use a Center of Mass Gun Safe.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links