Carry - non summer - North - cinch!

This is a discussion on Carry - non summer - North - cinch! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll trade having to conceal in summer clothes all year against shoveling snow any day. I still remember snow. Nasty stuff. And some of us ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry - non summer - North - cinch!

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I'll trade having to conceal in summer clothes all year against shoveling snow any day. I still remember snow. Nasty stuff.

And some of us are really good too. I know a guy that can conceal a 1911 in a Speedo. Well not really, but he's working on it. Another 50 pounds and he just might have it.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter

And some of us are really good too. I know a guy that can conceal a 1911 in a Speedo. Well not really, but he's working on it. Another 50 pounds and he just might have it.

AFS
    Not the mental picture I was planning on carrying into the evening
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

VIP Member
    ExSoldier: Couldn't go. Trail Glades is too much of a distance when I work Saturdays Remember you can call Roger before H hour and tell him you are on the way and to save you a spot.
    As for the heat, it is not the heat as much (yeah right) but the humidity. Both Markham and Trail Glades are literally by the Everglades and that is shooting in a sauna. Come January you will see shooters wearing parkas and gloves when the temp drops to the upper 50's

I wonder how did the interview go.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Question Miggy ???

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    Come January you will see shooters wearing parkas and gloves when the temp drops to the upper 50's

I wonder how did the interview go.

Yeah, THOSE cool days are the ones I live for! Ummmmmmm WHAT INTERVIEW????
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    P95, I hear you guys. After a previous post I have dusted off the 1911 and it will travel with me today as the wife and I go shopping. Guys it does get cold down south and we also love the winter. The winter means big guns and bullets...
    Guys I did not take it. I took the 38 and when nature called in a department store I just stuck the fobus holster in my left pocket and the pistol in the right. All while standing. Sat down and handled my business..
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Lightbulb Outta here soon I hope

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter
    I'll trade having to conceal in summer clothes all year against shoveling snow any day. I still remember snow. Nasty stuff.AFS
    As soon as my wife retires, we're looking to move north somewhere cool or maybe even C-O-L-D. But then for us...cool equals prolly North Carolina or somewhere along the smokie mountain chain. Now, COLD means Colorado and as lifelong Floridians we're just a teeny bit concerned to be moving into snow country in our LATE 50's or early 60's! 'Course, we'll be having an earth sheltered home built, so maintenance won't ever be a problem and neither will having to take the snow off the roof or whatever.....there are gas powered snow blowers for the driveway. OTOH the wife wants to do the dual life zones of living part time in Texas for the taxes and part time in NC for the lifestyles.....We've just GOT to get out the HELL HOLE this end of Florida has become!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink Cold Weather Draw

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Winter folks really need to "Go Shopping" for suitably warm clothing that will not impede the ability to get access to the vital firearm PRONTO.
    For cold winters some of the natural "duck down" & nylon or Gore~Tex coats are very light weight & move out of the way quickly & easily
    It's not often the garment, it is IMHO the draw technique. I saw an article by Clint Smith on this very topic. Sometimes it's Grab lower front portion of cover garment with non-shooting hand and raise over the gun as shooting hand takes hold and starts draw motion. As the gun clears the holster and moves forawrd, the non-shooting hand resumes it's normal start position..... This obviously requires a lot of intensive training and correct practice movements to make this a part of your "muscle memory." That's a lot of practice draws....in the nighborhood of at least 500 draws....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    We've just GOT to get out the HELL HOLE this end of Florida has become!
    Well, you are in Coral Gables, what the heck do you expect?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

ahh yes...fall/winter is here...time to get out of the summer time shorts and T shirt...

and into my wintertime shorts and T shirt..!

LOL...you snow boys crack me up...still carrying the same gun...same clothes...ya'll stay warm
    Brad B.

Lead Moderator
    Easy to conceal all sorts of gear in the winter in MI. Need to look in to a carbon 15 pistol. J/K . The cold weather does make CC much easier though.

i need to get a owb holster for the 1911 easy wear now that its 40 degrees was 40 this am amny way and got up to a balmy 63 can start wearing Hk in a paddle holster also

Time to break out the Shoulder holster tooo ..

Whole different meathod of carry now that winter is here

VIP Member
    Now that the weather is getting somewhat cooler here in unpredictable Tennessee, I've been carrying my USPc again.

My coat has a zipper and the waterproof flap with long, slender vertical velcro tabs. Instead of using the zipper when it's too cold to go around with an open coat, I use the velcro tabs that are super-easy to pull apart to reach for my waistband gun.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links