After a self-defense shooting, where do you get legal help?

This is a discussion on After a self-defense shooting, where do you get legal help? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came across this today. Network members don't face the legal system alone!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After a self-defense shooting, where do you get legal help?

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar

After a self-defense shooting, where do you get legal help?

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

2. Remove Ads

For $85, they're going to help me find a local attorney? I can do that on my own, ahead of time. Not a bad idea to talk with someone in your local area about the possibilities...for free! OMO

Stay armed...have a local number...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    For $85, they're going to help me find a local attorney? I can do that on my own, ahead of time. Not a bad idea to talk with someone in your local area about the possibilities...for free! OMO

Good point. But I travel a lot and I'm convinced haveing local counsel would be very helpful. Hopefully, I never have to find out.
    Howard

you should always have access to a good defence lawyer. ask around, check them out. make frends with one. its just like a will, we always put off getting one, and when you realy need it, its to late. do it now.

In most situations i picture myself having to use my weapon in texas,i think the law is very clear,if i ever get in a situation that looks like i might need a lawyer i'll get one then.I'm not paying anybody 85.00 to give me the names of an attorney i can find by opening a phone book.for those people that live in states that make you a criminal for defending yourself ,well i wouldn't live there.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

this sounds like a good idea for a pinned thread where we can post Attorney's in our local states that handle gun cases.....I already have a list in Colo. that I can post for other posters to keep in thier wallets like I do here in Colo.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

good idea, denverbear
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    this sounds like a good idea for a pinned thread where we can post Attorney's in our local states that handle gun cases.....I already have a list in Colo. that I can post for other posters to keep in thier wallets like I do here in Colo.
    Yes please, either post it or PM it to me.

I have contacted 3 after some research, and only one responded, and he wanted $5k for consultation and pretrial events only.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

At least have a home state attorney in your speed dial. I keep two in mine. A listing of attorneys in other states is a good idea.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Not a bad idea preplanning. I'm friendly with several attorneys in my area, and even helped the county DA get elected! Although the DA is on the "other side", I'm sure my connections with the office would be looked on favorbably. Might not be such a bad idea to become friendly with your local police department or precinct.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

I can do that on my own, ahead of time.

Ahead of time being the operative words. I keep Jon Gutmacher's card in my wallet and his phone number is saved on my cell phone.

Hello everyone...

Marty Hayes, President of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network here, and thank-you for discussing our fledgling organization.

For those of you who have not checked us out yet, our web address is:

Network members don't face the legal system alone!

Basically, what we are all about, is forming an organization where thousands of armed citizens come together to support each other in the choice to carry and employ weapons for self-defense, if necessary. And, while one of the benefits of membership in the Network is helping you find a local attorney, please realize that that benefit is not the prime one, nor is it fully in place yet, (because we are only a few months old). If you have already located your local attorney to call in the middle of the night, then good for you.

The main benefits for membership in the Network will be to have access to the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Foundation, a non-profit entity which will serve to help members in defense costs if they are wrongfully prosecuted.

Additionally, a major aspect of the Network's activities will be in education, not only for the members when they join, but also for the attorneys which affiliate with us. For example, we are at the moment in the process of producing the three initial DVD's which will be sent to each member, dealing with the topis of Legal Use of Deadly Force, Handling the Aftermath of a Shooting, and Understanding the Legal System and Defense of a Justifiable Shooting.

We will also have in place soon our own forum which will concentrate on use of deadly force issues, along with member discounts for training books and DVD's.

So, as you can see, membership in the Network is more than us helping you find an attorney!

Anyway, I'll check back occasionally on this thread to answer any questions, and in the meantime, I can be contacted at mhayes@armedcitizensnetwork.org .

Stay safe...
    Last edited by Marty Hayes; April 12th, 2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo
    Marty Hayes, President
    Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Click on forum help & extras, there is a pretty good list of attorneys there.
    Defensive Carry - Attornies
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Hayes View Post
    Hello everyone...

Marty Hayes, President of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network here, and thank-you for discussing our fledgling organization.
    Welcome aboard, Marty. It's good to have you here.
    Howard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links