Every one makes mistakes

Every one makes mistakes

This is a discussion on Every one makes mistakes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One time I was at work and my gun fell out of my bellyband on to the floor in front of God and every body. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Every one makes mistakes

Every one makes mistakes

One time I was at work and my gun fell out of my bellyband on to the floor in front of God and every body. Have you ever had a mishap like this. When you carry everyday every where its bound to happen. I was on my hands and knees working under a cash register counter at a Stein Mart when I heard a thud I looked down and there on the floor was my 9mm. There were several sheep around but none noticed. I scooped up the gun and slid it into my pocket red faced. Went to the rest room later and re-holstered my weapon.
    Last edited by JD; April 13th, 2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Can't comment on the belly band as I have never used one. Was it the bellyband also at SteinMart? I suspect you need a holster that is fitted to your specific handgun.

I have come close a few times, but never actually fell completely out.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    A long while back, when I used to carry my Glock 26 in a CTAC (ouch) I was at the Wally World checkout counter. When the lady was ringing up my stuff, I got comfortable & rested my forearm on the butt of my Glock. I nonchalantly removed my forearm & went about my business. I got a good laugh out of it later.

Years ago (30), I carried an S&W snubby in a shoulder holster. The retention screw had loosened and when I leaned over, out it fell. The only observer was an old guy I worked with who didn't know I carried. The look on his face was priceless (like "Step-N-Fetch-It" in the movies) eyes as big as saucers.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

carried for a long time now: never! dropped my firearm. remember rule #1 of a gun fight
    no such thing as "knock down power"......
    only "knock down accuracy"!!
    lawyers are the only ones counting the misses ACCURACY FIRST!!

VIP Member
    Only had it happen once, KelTec in an Uncle Mikes holster. Quickly grabbed and pocketed it before anyone noticed.

Time for a QUALITY holster and belt.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

We all make some mistakes...sooner or later...

OK, like in the Godfather, I'm going to let you ask me just this one time...if I ever had something stupid, like the above mentioned times, happen to me...

Well, I was in the local food store getting a few items.

It was a quick trip from home, so I just put my KelTec in a kydex holster in my front pocket...and proceeded to head out.

While at the cash register (with people all around), I needed a few coins to finish the purchase with the exact amount. I put my hands in my pocket and put the KT on the counter to count change...DAMN...my heart instantly skipped a beat when I realized what I had done. I quickly retrieved my KT and put it back in my pocket...what a rush I got.

Not one person even noticed, not even the clerk...they were all oblivious to the entire event (which lasted about 4 seconds)...
    And we worry about the noticing a bump in our T-shirts?

OK, that was my one and only stupid gun trick in the last 8 years...so don't ever ask me about my business again.

Stay armed...stay concealed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

and put the KT on the counter to count change...DAMN...my heart instantly skipped a beat when I realized what I had done. I quickly retrieved my KT and put it back in my pocket...what a rush I got.
    Goodness! That's truly a scary mistake to make. Having pulled out my cell phone and iPod when looking for the wallet, I can certainly sympathize. Never even occurred to me that one could draw without intending to, but sure makes sense how that happened. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    Goodness! That's truly a scary mistake to make. Having pulled out my cell phone and iPod when looking for the wallet, I can certainly sympathize. Never even occurred to me that one could draw without intending to, but sure makes sense how that happened. Wow. Thanks for sharing.
    Actually, a little KT in a black kydex pocket holster is not something easily recognizable...and I would never have mistakenly pulled a weapon out from my IWB holster...oh well, stuff happens...I was very lucky!

Now, don't ask me again...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Glad that everything worked out OK for you.
    Nope...I've never had a problem like that.

I would strongly advise that folks stay away from generic type holsters.
    They have been known to cause some similar type problems.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator

Talking

I've told this story before but, it's been a long time since I've told it.

In order to really appreciate this story you'll need to try and picture how he got "hung up" using your imagination.

I was having a meal with an off duty LEO.

We were eating in a place where the chairs were the chairs were those Bistro type chairs that had those scroll type "open-work" Iron backs.
    Curly que scrolls of welded Iron.

My LEO friend was carrying "small of back" & his firearm (in the holster) worked its way through the back of the chair.
    It was a Galco SOB.

When we got up to leave...he tried standing up and the chair got up with him.

Well, he really couldn't stand up - He could only tip forward halfway hunched up. He lost his balance because his arse was wedged to the chair seat making it impossible for him to straighten his legs at the knees.
    He face ended up on the table.
    The restaurant was crowded and I quickly got him unstuck without making too big of a scene of it.
    I then just made a comment about doggone cell phones getting caught on everything.
    He was pretty embarrassed - people noticed that something happened but, nobody saw the firearm.
    It all worked out to my advantage because catching him at a very weak and red-faced moment --- I made him pay for the meal.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have, knock on wood, never had a mishap of this type. I hope I never do either. But, from reading stories like this, I have steered clear of the belly band type holsters and any other type that has no type of retention at all for carry out in public. I use kydex holsters with at least the trigger guard retention at the minimum. My every day carry holster is a Blackhawk SERPA Level II holster.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar

Cool

lol

I was standing in line at one of the big box stores and had just paid the cashier with the personal check I had been carrying in my shirt pocket, which was usually a smooth and painless operation, just recquiring an extra piece of paper for me to scribble my signature on.

This time, however, the register computer instructed the clerk to ask for my I.D., which happens to me every great now and then. Okay. Fish out the driver's license.

Went to remove my wallet from my right rear pants pocket and find it is wedged firmly under the OWB holster and barrel of my GLOCK handgun. Great. I push and pry, trying to move the gun and holster enough to get my fingers on the darn wallet. I fiddle and wriggle at it for a couple of minutes, but it just ain't going to happen.

I finally turn my back to the checkout girl and as MANY customers as I could, pull the GLOCK from its leather, transfer it quickly but safely to my left hand as I yank out my billfold with my right, then juggle GLOCK and wallet to replace the gun in its hiding place..............

Some people saw the gun, some didn't. No one seemed to care either way. The checkout girl kind of rolled her eyes as she kept chewing her gum, but since she was generously endowed as well as white trash cute, I forgave her............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links