Waldenbook Rant

This is a discussion on Waldenbook Rant within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saturday afternoon we decided to go shopping. I installed the PF-9 on my left hip and away we went. We ended up at the mall, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waldenbook Rant

Distinguished Member

Waldenbook Rant

Saturday afternoon we decided to go shopping. I installed the PF-9 on my left hip and away we went.

We ended up at the mall, I volunteer to stay in the lobby area towards the center, this allows them to drop of their purchases with me, so they can do more shopping. It also allows for a predetermined meeting place. I enjoy watching people, so this is great for me.

My normal routine is to grab a Coke and pretzel and wait. I happened by a Waldenbooks book store and thought this would be an opportunity to pick-up any type of hand-gun, shooting, or hunting magazine. I could not find any magazine even closely related. But to my surprise there must have been 4 or 5 smut books in plastic wrappers. I headed up to the counter as to inquire about any gun/hunting magazines.

Waited my turn in line, then asked the store manager---her reply was that Corporate decides what magazines they carry. I could not resist the opportunity while standing in front of several lady waiting in line to ask why Corp. felt it ok to carry smut, but no hunting types. The manager stood there just looking stupid. How could you defend that!!!!

They will defend the 1st amendment, but not the 2nd.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

2. Remove Ads

As a former Waldenbooks Assistant Manager let me just say her response is pure B.S.. I added several titles to our mag rack based on customer request. Now we did have one magazine supplier that would pad our inventory and send us crap that we didn't request - I got in trouble for sending it back to them

The ONLY time I refused to order something for a customer was the freaks that would request copies of The Satanic Bible (that happened three times) and the punks that would request copies of The Anarchists' Cookbook (I refuse to be visited by the guys in Ray-Bans just because some spoiled punk from the 'burbs wants to know how to reek havoc!). Both of those stances were because of my own principles, they had nothing at all to do with "Corporate Decisions."
    Jack

I have noticed that the Target stores do not carry any gun magazines.

My son-in-law works for target. ( against my judgement) although it does make a good living for my daughter. any my personal believes asside target is 100% anti gun. they even go as far as being 100% anit-military. try to put on a american armed forces uniform and walk into target, you will be asked to leave. I know this from personal experience. my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by tngunner View Post
    try to put on a american armed forces uniform and walk into target, you will be asked to leave.
    I wouldn't have thought that was legal. If it is, it shouldn't be! Those who are asked to die for their country should not be treated like second class citizens!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Well I will have to visit the local Target in Anch. Alaska on my lunch break to see what happens. I will let ya'll know the out come on monday night.

..try to put on a american armed forces uniform and walk into target, you will be asked to leave. I know this from personal experience. my 2 cents
    How long ago was that? There have been many times where I was out and about in uniform and I have never been asked to leave, anywhere. As a matter of fact, I usually got a discount and/or didn't have to stand in line...

The only time I could see that happening is if you were at/near a military base and another military guy was working their part time and you weren't in proper uniform.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Lead Moderator
    My son-in-law works for target. ( against my judgement) although it does make a good living for my daughter. any my personal believes asside target is 100% anti gun. they even go as far as being 100% anit-military. try to put on a american armed forces uniform and walk into target, you will be asked to leave. I know this from personal experience. my 2 cents
    Well , atleast they picked a good name for their store.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    How long ago was that? There have been many times where I was out and about in uniform and I have never been asked to leave, anywhere. As a matter of fact, I usually got a discount and/or didn't have to stand in line...

The only time I could see that happening is if you were at/near a military base and another military guy was working their part time and you weren't in proper uniform.
    That was in california when I was stationed there back in 1992. I have only been to target once since then. Myself and two others where in uniform. A manager approached us and told us they were customers "uneasy" about our presence. we were in BDU's with our MP arm bands on during our lunch. We had our gov't issue Bereta's and when the manager ask us to leave, I asked what the problem was and he said the weapons, I told him we could not leave them unsecured and he replied that it wasn't just the weapons it was the uniform. He stated we were welcome in civilian clothes. I filed a complaint with target and it went all the way to my division general and the end results was Target was put on the "off limits" list to the military. With that been said, it was along time ago, but just recently last christmas some marines were having the toys for tots drive in san diego in a target parking lot and they were also told they were not welcome in uniform. That incident was all over the national news.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    When I was in the Army (1961-1964) I discovered there are a number of places with the attitude "Dogs and Soldiers, keep off the grass." That included one of the car dealers in my home town.

I'm a bit surprised to learn it may stll be that way.

I'll do some local checking. If it is still true, I will not be going to Target. Period.

Fitch

wow, I can't even comprehend that. Around here, surrounded by an air force base, army fort, air national guard base, another army contingent on the way, and national guard reserves, at least 30% or more of the population in public places seems to be dressed in military uniform anywhere you go. The closest Target is within about 3 miles of the fort.

Growing up in this area, where everyone has friends, family, and loved ones in the military and overseas, I just can't imagine people being condescending to our country's bravest! I hope I never visit those areas of the country that think and act this way!

Target also ran off the bell ringers for the Salvation Army a couple of years ago. Since I read about that, I have not been back. They tried to make a deal with them by letting them put a link on their website for people to donate. Not good enough for me.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Isn't Target owned by a French company?

I noticed that our local Waldenbooks doesn't carry hunting or handgun magazines, etither.

Our local Kroger is awesome and has between 6 - 12 handgun / rifle magazines on the rack. I could buy 1 magazine a week and never buy the same issue twice.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Years ago I worked in a mall and wandered to the waldenbooks to buy a gunmag. Nothing of the sort to be found. Even in the sportging goods section there was nothing gun or hunting related. Soccer, running, fishing, hiking, all there unless it required a gun. I asked the person behind the counter and they said that there is no demand for it. I say BS, there is absolutely no shortage of gun-loving natives around here. I quit going there.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I generally like Target better than Wal-Mart as far as shopping goes, but they just lack in some departments (guns, ammo, knives, magazines for all). They just seem to have a little more class to me. And here I thought that they were better than Wal-Mart :( .
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links