constructive criticism,or nosey jerk? - Page 2

constructive criticism,or nosey jerk?

This is a discussion on constructive criticism,or nosey jerk? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In MS it's a firearm permit also. We are an open carry state the way our constitution reads but our AG has stated that a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In MS it's a firearm permit also. We are an open carry state the way our constitution reads but our AG has stated that a holster conceals part of the gun,so a permit is required.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sponsor
    I am going to have to say that the guy was just a jerk. It doesn't matter if GA is open carry or not. You were, obviously, concealing. Whether you were doing a poor job of it or not does not matter.

The "gentleman"(very loosely used) should have quietly and privately, if possible, let you know that you were printing or showing. It then becomes your option to open discussion publicly or retire to the facilities to remedy the situation.

The Jerk In Question may very well have been the only person present with the situational awareness to notice your "Bulge". Not so once he publicly outed you.

Everyone seems to love to say "Concealed is Concealed" and I realize that printing can be considered brandishing and can get your license revoked in some states. However, it is also true that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes.

He should not have let anyone but you know that he was aware that you were carrying.
    [/rant off]
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    When it is allowed I go by concealed is concealed. VA is an open carry state and it is the only way allowed to carry in resturants that serve drinks. At that point I switch to OC. If I an carrying concealed and someone notices, I appreciate it if they advise me of the fact. As long as it is done discreetly, to me. Not everyone within a 50 ft radius of me. No matter how careful you are, sometime, someplace, you are going to slip up and print/expose part of your weapon. No manner of carry is 100% perfect. The most we can hope for is to minimize that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jabo2818 View Post
    the encounter went like this:
    me: hi, im jason
    him: hi, im 'so and so', if your going to carry, you should do a better job concealing.
    My possible response: "And if you're going to open your mouth and be a jerk, stay away from me."

I'd tell my brother not to bring the punk around me again. I run into enough jerks on a daily basis without adding another.

I'd also tell my brother not to share any secrets with the know-it-all loudmouth.

His choice of words, and manner in which he informed you of your "printing" left something to be desired if he was a gentleman.

Biker

Say thanks...
    And forgetaboutid

Constructive criticism would have been given in private.

The guy is a jerk.

Man I really don't like people like that! When I run into people with that attitude I try and remember I only have to suffer with them for a few moments, they live with the friction they create every day. It hurts your feelings because you would never treat some one else that way, It must really suck being him. The whole exchange was probably a normal conversation to him.

Administrator
    For some reason...the above statement seems odd.

This one:

"You were, obviously, concealing."

The guy was a jerk but, even a total jerk can get it right some of the time.

If your intention is to carry concealed then nobody should be able to spot the fact that you're carrying a firearm.

Just my polite personal opinion on that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Stay calm, cool, nod your head in acknowledgement, and simply ignore the 'jerk'...
    Always count off at least 7 seconds to yourself...BEFORE you make a response (if you're choosing to do so...), you'll be surprised how much one can think about in seven seconds...

Anything more is a waste of your time...OMO

Stay armed...stay cool...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    In MS it's a firearm permit also. We are an open carry state the way our constitution reads but our AG has stated that a holster conceals part of the gun,so a permit is required.
    Kinda makes one wonder how you can open carry without a holster, or was the AG thinking () you should use double-sided tape to tape the gun to your forehead?

Moron.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Administrator

Maybe I can say it a bit better.

If you really don't want anybody to know that you're bald then don't spend $29.00 on a toupee.

Because even though that budget toupee WILL hide your bare scalp...everybody will still know that you're bald.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    You pay attention to these people?
    Yeah I carry. I don't hide the fact.
    Want to see my gun? Show me $1000 in cash.
    Go away idiot.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

constructive criticism,or nosey jerk?
    Depends on the constructiveness and the context.

Frankly, it's my life we're speaking of, so I'm open to knowing when I'm failing to a degree that it could get me killed. But, tomayto / tomahto. Generally speaking, mode of carry is so personal and dependent on body shape, clothing and the weapon in question, that it's often unlikely that another is going to know half of what you do about your circumstnaces. At a range with a knowledgeable instructor or experienced person? That's one thing. But, a stranger who offers up something that has no basis for validity other than personal opinion? Probably worth ignoring.

In this case, with some no-name you just met? Jerk, probably. But then, that's his problem and not yours.

Your brother, though, needs talkin' to. He divulged to some apparent slack-jawed idiots that you carry concealed. Now, some unknown number of folks know this information. Not exactly something you want to have out there.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

guy sounds like a jerk to me.

oh, and open carry is allowed in georgia, but you still have to have a permit, and there's enough anti-gun people and paranoid/jerk cops to make it a hassle, so i've never seen anyone do it, will not do it myself, and would not recommend it unless you live in small town with gun-friendly locals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links