Defensive Carry banner

New Hampshire LTC question

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  BlackBear 
#1 ·
I recently got my NH LTC....and I have a question regarding the license itself.

The license itself is just a paper license...No photo, about 3.5"x6". Are you allowed to laminate it...or make copies of it? You would think they'd come up with something better...but this is it...and I'm not complaining, as it was pretty easy to get...and took no time at all.

Just wondering about the longevity of the paper itself.

Thanks...!!

#5 ·
My non-res is plastic, too.

#7 ·
Go to a local UPS store or someplace that does copying. I went to the UPS store with my original and had them make a smaller copy that was wallet size and then they laminated it for me. Did it for mine and my wife's LTC. I keep the originals in my safe and the new spiffy ones we carry in our wallets.

Works great and is also legal.

#11 ·
I'm still waiting for mine in the mail - apparently it got returned to them last week. I'll post when it comes in. I intend to call the Permits and Licenses unit tomorrow, I'll ask if I get hold of a real person.

My Maine Resident permit is just a piece of paper. Has a line across it that says "Fold here" and the secretary who issued it told me to get it laminated.

#12 ·
My permit and the lamination for WV almost seems like a joke. You could make a better looking permit on your PC. There's no watermark,hologram,photo,and no color even.

#13 ·
There is no legal requirement for NH residents to have their Pistol/Revolver License on them while carrying in NH. Many (myself included) carry a reduced photocopy.

Non-Residents on the other hand are required to carry their NR license when carrying in NH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.