ThunderWear / Smartcarry Problem

This is a discussion on ThunderWear / Smartcarry Problem within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's a ThunderWear, actually. I included SmartCarry in the title because (as far as I know) they are very similar. Friends, how do you wear ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ThunderWear / Smartcarry Problem

It's a ThunderWear, actually. I included SmartCarry in the title because (as far as I know) they are very similar.

Friends, how do you wear one of these? Grip located behind the belt, right? Every time I do this, the gun slips down (probably the pressure of the belt forcing it down) so the grip is just below the belt and it prints. What am I doing wrong?

Senior Moderator

You wear it were a seat belt is suppose to fit.

The front of the shirt is tucked under the holster, the back covers the strap.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Crumrine View Post
    Friends, how do you wear one of these? Grip located behind the belt, right? Every time I do this, the gun slips down (probably the pressure of the belt forcing it down) so the grip is just below the belt and it prints. What am I doing wrong?
    I wear it with my belt on top of the grip. I wear mostly slacks and suits and rarely jeans. The only printing I can see is with jeans, I can detect a verticle line at the bottom of the grip. When I look in the mirror instead of down, it looks natural. Besides, most people are not looking at other's crotch.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

you can wear it farther down too depending on how baggy your pants are, I wore mine around the house this weekend under a pair of gym shorts...nobody was the wiser til I asked my dad if he noticed anything. if you're LOOKING for a gun...you may be able to tell, otherwise you'll think it's just a large...package. If someone's staring at my crotch long enough to decide if I'm packing or not though...I've got bigger problems...unless it's a member of the opposite sex!

I wear mine with the top of the grip just above my belt, but with the shirt tucked in, but bloused a bit to conceal the grip. It might take a fraction of a second longer to pull my shirttail out, but the gun is higher, and it's much less noticeable.

I think you are wearing yours too loosely. Follow the instructions found on the SmartCarry website for wearing one. Mine is not my favorite method of carry but sometimes it is the best option.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Crumrine View Post
    It's a ThunderWear, actually. I included SmartCarry in the title because (as far as I know) they are very similar.

I don't understand why you would want to wear it with the grip behind the belt. That would push the grip into your belly and there is a possibility of the grip showing above the belt line with the shirt tucked in. I always wear mine with the grip below the belt slightly. If I look in the mirror I can see the grip print. That is only because I am looking real hard for it. I had to stand up and speak in front of about 100 people and had black pleated pants on and a tucked in shirt. I had on my smartcarry holding my glock 27 with grip extender and extra mag. I could see a slight printing but I am here to tell you that noone noticed. I had a hot spotlight on me at the time. So many people don't carry that they don't even think about concealed carry. I am convinced that if someone in the audience had their permit, they would have never suspected I was carrying.....so don't worry about it.

I tend to wear loose fitting trousers (mostly jeans or dockers) and prefer those with pleats in the front (just personal comfort preference). Wear my Smartcarry carrying a Ruger SP101 with the revolver's grip below the line of my belt. Keep the shirt tucked inside the SmartCarry. I just do not get printing and access is easy and relatively quick. Works for me
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I wear mine just like the inventor does. Check out Charlie in his skivvies:

Gun holsters by SmartCarry® for total concealment
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

When measuring for a smartcarry the site says to measure around the widest point of your hips. I'm assuming it's around the but area but I'm waiting for someone to let me know exactly where to measure for best fit before I order one. Pics are a plus on the exact spot to measure.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    When measuring for a smartcarry the site says to measure around the widest point of your hips. I'm assuming it's around the but area but I'm waiting for someone to let me know exactly where to measure for best fit before I order one. Pics are a plus on the exact spot to measure.
    Give Charlie a call. He is friendly and helpful.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

I wear mine with dress slacks most days with the handle of my Kimber Ultra CDP just below the belt. You may need to tighten the strap in the back and adjust the height to get it just right for your body.

It took me a couple of weeks with various adjustments, but I concur that it is a great way to carry. I've had to speak before several groups of 70+ and no one knew I was carrying.
    No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Ronald Reagan

I've been considering investing.

Would I have to invest in a new bunch of larger pants if I did?

New Member Array Wayne Peterson's Avatar
    I am always carrying with Smartcarry and have a 32" waist, I got a small and would not want a larger one. Its the best way for me to carry, I like it. Grip is just below belt, and nobody has seen print of gun.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Van55 View Post
    I've been considering investing.

Would I have to invest in a new bunch of larger pants if I did?
    If you are not tring to carry a .50 desert eagle you will not need bigger pants.
    I carry a J-Frame and it takes about as much space as a jock strap (cup) I wear mine slightly to the right of my, well lets just say about 12:30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links