Full carry in NY - Page 3

Full carry in NY

This is a discussion on Full carry in NY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; it varies alot between counties in NY...I had to take a special course and write a letter to the issuing judge..but then not only did ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    it varies alot between counties in NY...I had to take a special course and write a letter to the issuing judge..but then not only did he take the restrictions off,he appologized that it took so long.
    Cozy up to the pistol clerk and find out the best course of action.Our clerk is awesome and has alot of infuence w/ the judge.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    I talked to the NYPD pistol permit section about 2 weeks ago.

They told me they would certify an out of state permit for carry in NYC if a good reason was presented.

I have got to take the NY bar now just to see if I can get the NYC unrestricted carry licence...
    Very unlikely unfortunately. I know a few well off attorneys in NYC that have pursued that avenue and gotten nowhere. Bloomberg has now said that there are too many carry permits in NYC and has instructed the NYPD to issue fewer permits.
    Seems the NYC permit is now getting up there with the NJ permit.

I alreay have an appointment to see the Judge. Hopefully my "restrictions" will be lifted

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    Very unlikely unfortunately. I know a few well off attorneys in NYC that have pursued that avenue and gotten nowhere. Bloomberg has now said that there are too many carry permits in NYC and has instructed the NYPD to issue fewer permits.
    Seems the NYC permit is now getting up there with the NJ permit.
    What else do I have to do these days? It will be fun to try...

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    ...they also look for "maturity". So if you are on the younger side (I'm saying that politely), dress as neatly as possible, and try to maintain a professional demeanor.
    Guncrazy, I'm going to take a risk here and point out something that may be uncomfortable. Please believe that I am doing so out of concern for you, rather than to just throw rocks.

Your use of English in your posts, while possibly acceptable for text messaging, is inappropriate for formal letters. I'm guessing that you knew that and your letter to the judge was well-crafted. But be aware that if you are casual in your writing don't have to be (for example, on this forum), you run the risk of being too casual in your more formal writing as well. IM-style writing may bite you if you're not careful.

I am quite aware that a diesel mechanic is indeed a professional, and one doesn't just pick up a rag and a wrench to become qualified. So regardless of my comments on your writing, please understand that I respect you and wish you the best.

I would be happy to proofread letters for you if that would be helpful - IM me. I'm an ex-schoolteacher: the schoolteacher part means I probably could be of help, and the 'ex' part means I'm a lot nicer now than I was (I've lost all of my red pencils).

To Paymeister: The only thing that I remember about Gramma is she slept with Grandpa <--That old joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    Uh.... maybe because you're in the state of New York, one of the most anti-gun states in the country?
    +1000000
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Very sound advice from Paymeister (above). It's not a bad idea to have someone proof your work. When I write important letters, I always have my wife double-check, and vice-versa. I never cease to be amazed at stupid little errors that might get by.

If you met with the judge already, how did it go?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Very sound advice from Paymeister (above). It's not a bad idea to have someone proof your work. When I write important letters, I always have my wife double-check, and vice-versa. I never cease to be amazed at stupid little errors that might get by.

If you met with the judge already, how did it go?
    good advise thank you and yes I have some one check over my letters and paper work also I have not herd back yet thanks for asking , think it would be bad idea to call ?

Quote Originally Posted by guncrazy View Post
    good advise thank you and yes I have some one check over my letters and paper work also I have not herd back yet thanks for asking , think it would be bad idea to call ?
    Certainly cannot hurt to call, and politely ask the court clerk as to the status.

Keep us posted.

Jonathan
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I feel bad for you folks in NY. What a freakin' hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by ducttape2 View Post
    I feel bad for you folks in NY. What a freakin' hassle.
    It's not that bad... at least were able to get the permits. We need to feel bad for the folks in Illinois, D.C., Jersey, etc., where it's next to impossible.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

It's not that bad... at least were able to get the permits. We need to feel bad for the folks in Illinois, D.C., Jersey, etc., where it's next to impossible.
    Or our brethren downstate.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

And yet next door here in Pa we can strap our pistol openly on our hip and walk the streets with no LTCF.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    I talked to the NYPD pistol permit section about 2 weeks ago.

They told me they would certify an out of state permit for carry in NYC if a good reason was presented.

I have got to take the NY bar now just to see if I can get the NYC unrestricted carry licence...
    Interesting as I live in New York NY & can't carry here but I have a CT carry permit as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links