Permit expires at midnight

Permit expires at midnight

This is a discussion on Permit expires at midnight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be forced to go naked now, my permit expires at midnight tonight. I applied to have my Kentucky permit renewed on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permit expires at midnight

Angry Permit expires at midnight

I'm going to be forced to go naked now, my permit expires at midnight tonight. I applied to have my Kentucky permit renewed on the 1st of April, it's been two weeks and my permit hasn't been renewed nor has the state cashed my check. Has anyone had this problem in Kentucky or does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to renew a permit. I have changed the address on my permit before and had the new one within a week.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    Kimber CDP fullsize Kimber CDP Ultra
    Colt Combat Commander Colt Goverment 1991
    Springfield Armory 1911-a1 Sig Sauer GSR 1911

I'm a 1911 guy.

It takes two weeks for most governmental agencies to decide on lunch hours. I do all my requirements far in advance.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    In Texas you get your renewal about 4 months before the old one expires. You had better not waste time here.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member
    Don't know about KY requirements, but VA requires you to submit renewal 45 days prior to experation fo current permit.

Just been there, went 5 weeks here in Indiana between permits. Felt real good to start carring again.
    Good luck!

I know this is the wrong site for this comment, but you can still O.C. till new permit arrives!

Dude! If you'd have looked ahead a little bit and done it months in advance, then you wouldn't be----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine expires in July and I received my notification about 2 weeks ago. I went to the County Sheriffs office, on a Saturday, and completed the renewal process in about 15 minutes.

Didn't the KSP send you the blisterpack renewal notification early enough?

Dave

VIP Member

Texas Renewal :-

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    In Texas you get your renewal about 4 months before the old one expires. You had better not waste time here.

Yup, you get stuff in the mail as far in advance as 6 month before expiration.

My sad experience has been that I then had to: a) fill out the online stuff and pay the fee; b) go take another course and another range test;
    c) get fingerprinted again; d) get photos again; e) fill out a form with all the same quesitons asked on line, this time on paper--signature notarized.

After mailing all this to DPS 2 months before the expiration date of my existing license, I waited and 30 days went by. Now, 30 days is what it took them to send me my original license.

But, alas, I made a minor error on one of the forms and it was sent back to me to correct. Mailed that back in early January.

Then, they sent me a notice that they wanted a new set of fingerprints. Mailed that back in mid-Febr. They claim they got it and had a complete package effective Feb. 26, which is one day after the expiration of my permit and about 4 months after the online stuff was done.

I asked about my license by e-mail on March 18 and was told it would take "up to" 45 days from Febr. 26. I'm still waiting. By my count 49 days later.

Well, maybe the license is in the mail, put there on the 45 th day, and taking its time to get here.

In a few more days I'll contact them again.

Somehow, I think there is a snafu.

It arrived today. Almost 4 months from the start of the application process. Fifty days after they (per an e-mail) agreed they had all the stuff.

Apparently a full 45 days was taken to process, and the mail took another 5.
    Last edited by Hopyard; April 16th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Hopyard At least you can leave your gun in your car now. It's better than nothing in the meantime.

I should have added this before, the state sent the paperwork earily enough for me to skip the problem I am facing now, but I am a new father I was working two jobs trying to keep my head above water but due to medical issues I had to take some time off from one for awhile. It was either feed my baby or spend the money for my permit, I'm back working on both jobs now and had the money to renew my permit. It was so bad for awhile that I had to sell a AR-15 and a full size Kimber eclispe.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    Kimber CDP fullsize Kimber CDP Ultra
    Colt Combat Commander Colt Goverment 1991
    Springfield Armory 1911-a1 Sig Sauer GSR 1911

I'm a 1911 guy.

VIP Member
    You hit a rough spot as we all do at times. Hang in there and keep plugging away. It will get better.

At least you were notified it was going to expire. In Washington State they don't notify you, it is the responsibility of the person to know when it expires and when to renew it.

Well now you just get to do it again! Which I'm sure you will soon!
    From your posts, you know what role it plays, and the consequence of not having it !
    Good luck!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    At least you were notified it was going to expire. In Washington State they don't notify you, it is the responsibility of the person to know when it expires and when to renew it.
    Virginia is the same way. It is up to the permit holder to keep track of the expiration date and renew in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links