For those of you who CCW do you carry other tools?

This is a discussion on For those of you who CCW do you carry other tools? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In another thread I thought of this question, of those of you that CCW how many of you carry alternate means of defense. I am ...

View Poll Results: Do you carry any other type of defense other than your CCW

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I only have my CCW

30 13.64%
  • Yes one other

87 39.55%
  • Yes several other

101 45.91%
  • Whats CCW?

2 0.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who CCW do you carry other tools?

For those of you who CCW do you carry other tools?

In another thread I thought of this question, of those of you that CCW how many of you carry alternate means of defense. I am not referring to a BUG but, edged weapon, OCS, baton, high voltage device, etc. If you have other ideas I would love to hear them.

Also for those of you who have OCS what is your favorite brand, canister design, or other exotic twists in the OCS world.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I carry two knives, a Gerber Paraframe and a KaBar TDI LDK
    ďYou can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.Ē

― Robert A. Heinlein,

One or the other of; KaBar 'TDI' L.E.K. fixed blade, Gerber 'Applegate & Fairbairn' Mini-Covert folder, and a leather belt with metal buckle.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I carry two blades; an assisted opener (SOG Flash 2, great knife) clipped upright in my back right pocket, all the way to the right side so I don't sit on it, and an S&W folder in my front left pocket too.

I can't think of any situation in which I'd go for a blade before a gun, unless the BG was already within contact distance. In my mind, the knives are there to prevent being disarmed, or as a last-ditch weapon. If I have legal justification to use a knife, I probably have justification to use the gun, too.

If I expect to be out after dark I also carry a decent LED flashlight with a metal case that could easily be used as an impact weapon.

I used to have some OC spray but stopped carrying it after I got my permit - too much junk on my belt / in my pockets as-is. I do keep a can in each of my vehicles - I think it's Fox Labs but don't quote me on that. I should re-consider carrying a can for a less-lethal option.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Voted no, unless you count my noggin...I believe it's saved my butt a lot more than my gun.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I carry Fox labs 2 oz. can in fog dispersal configuration. This a great OC Spray. I've used it before and it stopped the BG right away -- he ran away clutching his face. I highly recommend it. Just be careful deff. dont use if windy -- also once you spray it get away b/c it disperses in all directions and before you know it -- your eyes hurt and you start gagging.

Sponsor
    I don't always carry everything but I do carry a folder a flashlight and a kabuton.
    I was eying a small set of collapsible steel chucks the other day, but they just screamed "Mall Ninja!"
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I normally carry my kabar tdi, Sog trident, and my Inova x5 flashlight.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛAB…

Senior Moderator
    My usual carry set up is my gun behind my right hip, my spare mag and Ka-Bar TDI on my left hip, a Cold Steel Ti-Lite in my right front pocket, cell phone in my back left pocket, another no-brand folder in my left front pocket and my flashlight and Kimber LifeAct in my purse along with an occasional additional spare magazine that I haven't taken out since last time.

That's about it.

But lately it's just been the Smith 360 in my pocket and the Kimber LifeAct in my purse with my flashlight. I've been way too uncomfortable to load up to full capacity though I'm always looking for ways to get back to it.

Always at least one knife. Usually an old, trusted Spyderco Delica and/or a Bud Nealy Tung Pan.

Fox Labs OC.....1/2 oz size, with a 2 oz in each car. I prefer the stream variety for the additional stand-off range and less blow back in breezy conditions.

Surefire e2e after dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Voted no, unless you count my noggin...I believe it's saved my butt a lot more than my gun.
    Iíll have to say I agree with cupcake. Iíve had numerous encounters in my life, and I can count on one hand the number of times, Iíve drawn my weapon.

I often carry a 4-inch auto opening knife but itís more a tool than a weapon, so I check NO. The way I see it is my noggin and H2H training seams to be what I always instinctively resort too.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    yes i carry a knife and surefire flashlight.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

gun, knife (sometimes two), SureFire, OC, and additional mag...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

knife, flashlight, multi-tool, EDC, cell phone...all pretty much go with me wherever I go.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Folder - Case 31/2"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links