1911 safety knocked to "off". - Page 2

1911 safety knocked to "off".

This is a discussion on 1911 safety knocked to "off". within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep, I have a duty holser that disengages the thumb safety on my Pro Carry. Due to the fact that there is still the grip ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 safety knocked to "off".

Yep,
    I have a duty holser that disengages the thumb safety on my Pro Carry. Due to the fact that there is still the grip safety and the trigger guard is protected by the holster, I don't loose any sleep over it. What about the Glock, does anyone concern themselves that the Glock has no mechanical safety? If the Glock is no problem, it's for sure the 1911 with the thumb safety disengaged shouldn't be.
    str1

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1
    Yep,
    I have a duty holser that disengages the thumb safety on my Pro Carry. Due to the fact that there is still the grip safety and the trigger guard is protected by the holster, I don't loose any sleep over it. What about the Glock, does anyone concern themselves that the Glock has no mechanical safety? If the Glock is no problem, it's for sure the 1911 with the thumb safety disengaged shouldn't be.
    str1
    It should be noted that the thumb safety and the grip safety act in two different ways. The grip safety merely blocks the trigger, while the thumb safety forces the sear into engagement with the hammer and prevents movement. Also, the thumb safety nestles into a semi-circular cut in the hammer, so that even in the event of catastrophic failure of the sear, the safety should prevent the hammer from falling (although, in this situation, the hammer would fall when the safety was disengaged)

The difference between the hammer on the 1911 and the striker on the Glock is that if the hammer falls from its normal carry mode (cocked), the gun will fire. If the striker on the Glock falls from its normal ready position, it should not have enough "umph" to fire the gun.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links