Love those small town LEO's - Page 2

Love those small town LEO's

This is a discussion on Love those small town LEO's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That sounds like the norm here in the U.P....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That sounds like the norm here in the U.P.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

We do that kind of thing all of the time up here in Maine. LEOs are pretty cool about people keeping deer that get hit due to the high poverty rate especialy here up north. At times they(LEOs) even overlook poaching if they know the family is on hard times. Not as much anymore but it used to be very common. Also, most if not all are very encouraging of CCW.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

What does the tag mean? and What do you do cut the meat around the bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    What does the tag mean? and What do you do cut the meat around the bullet?

The tag is simply a piece of paper saying that my friend was legally allowed to be in possession of that deer, and that he didn't poach it, and since it was hit by a Jeep, there was no bullet to cut around. There was a bunch of mangled meat from the impact, but you avoid that, and take what is left.

Now, if we were hunting, yes, you do cut around the meat of the bullet path, Some people say to avoid any lead... I just don't like the meat that's been traumatized. It basically turns to jelly.... yuck.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Last deer season I unfortunately shot zero deer. Fortunately I have a friend who is a deputy and works midnights in a very rural area. Needless to say my freezer is still full of venison due to other folks' car-deer misfortunes. Free deer that my buddy usually always has gutted by the team we get there is priceless. Yes, I know its lazy hunting, but it doesnt cost a thing and its a good opportunity to get together with friends and drink beer. Cut a backstrap up in smaller chunks and wrap it in bacon before throwing it on the grill. Just before its done, douse it with hot sauce, yum.

On a side note: His wife had to rub it in our faces, that neither of us got a deer last season, so she had to go out and do it herself.

Yeah i live in central MI & the cops are good about it here (so far) as well. I could definitely believe that same story happening here as car/deer accidents are an every day thing....
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    Yeah, they are a good bunch. I work frequently with them, and can say they really do a good job.(I think we live in the same town foreveryoung001. )
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I was out riding with an old employee of mine when we came across an elk that had been hit the night before.. it was a brisk 30 outside. Ironically, they had JUST that week put up elk crossing signs.

Upon seeing the elk he looked over at me and asked if he could stop and cut it up.. I told him no. We were in a company vehicle.. last thing I wanted was someone with a camera taking a picture..

I had just been assigned out of Denver to Glenwood Springs, and apparently it's 'common practice'..

There are so many elk/deer in the valley you can drive down the highway and see HERDS of them... I would not have believed it had I not seen it being done no less than 3 times on Highway 82. Fresh road kill is very popular... in retrospect I should have let him cut it up.. hell he even had the knives in his truck with him... but he did not have any lunch left.. ohh.. the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    (I think we live in the same town foreveryoung001. )
    If you hang out at Jay's as much as I do, then we probably are. In fact, I just picked up the new Beretta Neos this afternoon
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Lead Moderator
    Yup, was just down there this week. Who was the Trooper?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I don't remember his name. He said he was relatively new up here. Sunshine is the one I know the best at the State post. Most of the other guys that I have had good relationships with have retired over the years. Guess that means I'm getting older too....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links