AntiGun passing flyers at FL Airports

This is a discussion on AntiGun passing flyers at FL Airports within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw on Fox 10 this morning. Groups handing out flyers that people interviewed feel are geared to scare them. Warning visitors about not getting in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiGun passing flyers at FL Airports

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

AntiGun passing flyers at FL Airports

Saw on Fox 10 this morning. Groups handing out flyers that people interviewed feel are geared to scare them. Warning visitors about not getting in confrontations with residents and telling about the new law. Making them think if they get into an argument the resident has the right to shoot them.

Since I know what I know about firearms and the FL law - I wish they could have caught me on camera - I'd have said "Wow! This makes me want to MOVE to Florida and LIVE here! Thanks for the brochure.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Makes me think someone should get some names, and call the ACLJ(IIRC). Action of this type is cutting very close to "Public Endangerment"- yelling-fire-in-the-theatre type of action.

It is simply an attempt by the Brady lobby to blackmail the residents of Florida 'for their own good'. There are few local newspapers that support such action, such as the Florida Today paper in my town. However, I think this type of activity will only cost the anti-gunners support and strengthen the resolve of all right thinking Americans to protect our second amendment rights.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bob McDuffee, co-host DogWatch Social Club Podcast
    Thoughtful Conversation, Considered Opinion and a Touch of Insanity
    "He who goes about unarmed in paradise, had better be sure that is where he is!" James Thurber

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Most of our Newspapers and TV stations have been calling the Brady Bunch "Wacko's".
    You don't mess with the tourist trade.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member
    At the hotel where I work I had been asked a couple of times about the new law by foreign visitors. I took the time to explain that it was a scaremongering propaganda and gave them a more detailed info on what the law really says. One of the things I tell them is that they can go ahead and stroll safely outside the hotel, go to shops and even go to the beach at night to enjoy the moonlight and their chances of being attacked by a criminal are pretty low. But I couldn't say the same about Washington DC where the Brady Bunch is located since their draconian Anti Gun laws are in effect and the criminal have free rein.
    One british gentleman asked me (his tone of voice led me to believe he was antigun but still very polite) why we felt the need to stand our ground and be free form being unjustly prosecuted or sued. I just told him we had learned from the experiences of Tony Martin and we thought what had happened was unfair. The gentleman recoiled some and the wife was all smiles, the sort that say "told you so!"
    I did see them later that night walking out on the beach enjoying the moonlight.

And, if you ask me, this scare tactic will fail. If they tried this pamphlet thing in Utah or New Hampshire where folks are low key and very polite, but in South Florida where Everybody is loud and uses their hands to speak?

"Margaret. Look at that! Those people are gesturing and screaming!"
    "Indeed they are Percival. Ask the Policeman over there if everything is allright"
    "Right you are dear. Excuse me Officer. Those two gentleman over there, Are they about to fight? Shall we fear an exchgange of gunfire?"
    "No sir, they are priests and they are deciding if they should get fries with their burgers or should go healthy and order salads."
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Good one Miggy!!! How true, the cops get called for loud talking these days I guess.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

AZ has been a stand-your-ground and open carry state forever...no Brady Bunch ever tries to stop our visitors! Shall issue CCW and a Democrat governor who expands CCW, plus putiing firearm training in public schools might be too much for them to handly without copious champagne....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Armoredman:
    The brady fliers tell our visitors that florida is the ONLY State that has the stand your ground provision in it's law. They also scream it on tv during interviews.
    Notice that these fliers are being passed out in Miami. Try doing that on the west coast. It could get really interesting.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

This honestly reminds me of PETA passing out buckets of blood to children at KFC and McDonald's. Reprehensible and unidignified come to mind.

Aye, boys I believe we've got the buggers on the run. Their lies, half truths and other B.S. is just getting louder and farther from reality all the time. Eventually even the most jaded citizen will see that none of their dire predictions of 'blood in the streets' has come true. They put out the same propaganda at every state that has adopted Concealed Carry and the only notable thing that happens is that crime goes down.

Keep up the good work Florida. Attaboy Miggy, thanks for taking the time to set people straight. I wish all states would adopt this type of stand your ground law. By demanding that we run in the face of thugs we create a nation of pansies unwilling to stand up for anything if you ask me.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    Miggy - good work Sir
    Most of our Newspapers and TV stations have been calling the Brady Bunch "Wacko's".
    That is sorta gladdening - I have no problem with those idiots digging themselves a hole.

Thing is - not just the tourist trade aspect but also there is a need to see them for what they are - interfering and scaremongering.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You never need a gun until you need a gun. Case closed....
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Senior Moderator
    A couple of more natural disasters occur and people are going to start seeing the anti-gunners for what they really are...

Just another bunch of wimps that dont have balls the size of a pissant that expect someone else to take care of them when the chips are down....

the "average" Joe is already seeing the light...it seems that the silliness in New Orleans is waking some people up when it comes to depending on someone else for your well being...

VIP Member
    Well done, Miggy. We are working on "Stand your ground...you can't sue us" legislation modeled after Forida's. Can't come too soon for me. After a couple years of carry here, open or concealed, the anti's words are starting to ring hollow. The skunks reveal themselves by their stench whenever they spray.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links