Carry Guide - Page 2

Carry Guide

This is a discussion on Carry Guide within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; everyone, thank you for your kind comments. if you have benefitted from my carry guide then it was certainly well worth the effort. please pass ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry Guide

everyone,
    thank you for your kind comments. if you have benefitted from my carry guide then it was certainly well worth the effort. please pass the link along to anyone who could benefit from it.

Nathan, your article is vastly superior to most of the stuff written by the "professional" gun writers. Well done.

edited to add:

A firearm without ammunition is absolutely worthless so carry at least one spare magazine or speed-loader with additional ammunition. Some choose not to carry spare ammunition because statistically a defensive shooting is over after only a few rounds are fired but if ruled by statistics we wouldn't carry anyway; statistically you will never be forced to shoot for your life. The extra magazine on your belt can be inconvenient at times. It can poke you when you are driving or be a minor inconvenience in general but carry it anyway. Once you get used to it being there it will provide a small but noticable additional layer of comfort through security. If you ever do need it the inconvenience of carrying it will disappear completely.

Very well done...

Perhaps you could put it into a .pdf format for downloading and printing or am I asking for too much?
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

Great Job Nathan, Thank you and also for confirming that I just bought the right weapon. Just got the M&P40. Thank you again.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

Great Job!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Bravo Nathan... Very succinct and to the point. Excellent Guide!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Perhaps you could put it into a .pdf format for downloading and printing or am I asking for too much?
    i would be glad to. i have it in .doc format, just need to convert it. ill be in touch.

Good job!

Easily one of the best "Beginners Guides" I've read when it comes to defensive carrying and handguns. Thanks for taking the time to write and post it up.
    People do not lack strength; they lack will. — Victor Hugo

Excellent reading Nathan. The only thing I'd like to see added would be the main reason most of us carry a spare mag: To compensate for a failure of the primary mag - only one way to fix that.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Nice work. I noted a conspicuous lack of mention of the 1911 (though lots of pics of them). Since it's a hugely popular and much carried platform, that surprises me a little. Even a passing mention of how volumes could be added to the article on that pistol alone might suffice.

But then if it was you goal, you could obviously expand it by adding any number of different weapon types and related topics.

Overall, a very good article.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Excellent read.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I noted a conspicuous lack of mention of the 1911 (though lots of pics of them).
    in as much as i love the 1911 (and the BHP) i cannot recommend it for beginners. the 1911 is truly an enthusiasts pistol; you must dedicate yourself to mastering it before you ever carry it. for beginners i recommend glocks and glock like weapons (including revolvers) due to the lack of a manual safety. unless youre willing to train to the point of making the safety sweep instinctual, having a manual safety can get you killed. under the immense pressures and stresses of a defensive shooting, only those dedicated to training will instinctually disengage the safety. those who dont may not have the frame of mind to disengage the safety leaving them pulling the trigger without realizing the weapon isnt discharging. ive seen several cases of this is security videos that changed my thinking entirely.

.....the 1911/BHP will indeed be included in my advanced carry guide, coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection View Post
    ive put a few together a basic guide to concealed weapons carry. i attempted to post it in its entirety here but this forum limits posts to 12 images so in order to share it im just posting the link to the original post. CLICK HERE, i hope you find it beneficial.
    Very interesting and useful

Just one comment/question regarding the 9 mm. A recent article on ammunition indicated that in short barrel guns, like the popular Kel Tec PF and my own Kahr PM 9, the lighter bullets were a better choice than the 147 grain, because the slower velocity of the heavier bullet did not allow the expansion of JHP rounds. Any knowledge or comment? I know I've switched to 115 grain for carry after reading that.

Good info for sure!

I scanned it, so may have missed any mention, but looking at the pictures I'd suggest NOT wearing a "This is my Glock" t-shirt when carrying concealed. Not stealthy at all....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links