SC Gov signs concealed permit list non disclosure

This is a discussion on SC Gov signs concealed permit list non disclosure within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Forgive me if this has been posted but I read this in the paper just now, not had time to read it today and been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Gov signs concealed permit list non disclosure

SC Gov signs concealed permit list non disclosure

Forgive me if this has been posted but I read this in the paper just now, not had time to read it today and been kinda out of touch the last few days...

I would guess this happened yesterday.

CWP's list is no longer subject to FOI in South Carolina

Of course its available to LEO... as it should be... but now Newspapers cannot publish your name and address for everyone to see.

2. Remove Ads

yea!

It looks like South Carolina is going to win the 2008 Common Sense award.

Thank God, for our Governor!

That is awesome!

Outstanding!

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has been discussed as a VP candidate too. ND lists for CHL's are good - glad ya'll got it in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    It looks like South Carolina is going to win the 2008 Common Sense award.
    They really will if they ever open up their reciprocity policy. It's the only state in the southeast (south of DC/MD) where my PA and/or UT permits aren't recognized.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Great move, now let us Floridians carry in your state...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Great move, now let us Floridians carry in your state...
    The way the last verison of that bill laid written it would. However its hung up right now trying to get some things off of it that got changed at the last version that gutted us from getting Georgia and states like that too. But if it were to pass today I believe Florida would be a go.

However... if you wish... I will be glad to give you my personal permission... ")

I would have to do some research to see if PA and UT would be included. The way it reads now, the automatic reciprocity is for states with like laws to ours. Which is at least an 8 hour training course. That is the section that got tagged in. What that one does is eliminate Georgia (and any others) that do not require a training course. Does PA and UT require at least an 8 hour course? If so then it would reciprocate. If not, then as it is at the moment, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has been discussed as a VP candidate too. ND lists for CHL's are good - glad ya'll got it in SC.
    That would almost make me vote for either Hillary or Obama. I don't know where you are getting all this praise for Sanford from but it took him 10 days to finally decide to sign this bill. THe only advantage of having him as VP is he would be out of SC. I call him the un-education govenor.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    The way the last verison of that bill laid written it would. However its hung up right now trying to get some things off of it that got changed at the last version that gutted us from getting Georgia and states like that too. But if it were to pass today I believe Florida would be a go.

However... if you wish... I will be glad to give you my personal permission... ")

I would have to do some research to see if PA and UT would be included. The way it reads now, the automatic reciprocity is for states with like laws to ours. Which is at least an 8 hour training course. That is the section that got tagged in. What that one does is eliminate Georgia (and any others) that do not require a training course. Does PA and UT require at least an 8 hour course? If so then it would reciprocate. If not, then as it is at the moment, no...
    The last version that passed the Senate only stated training and background checks as being required with nothing else. It was the SC Grass Roots that came up with the 8 hour class interpretation to get it defeated in the House. GA and PA do not have any kind of training requirements which would have kicked them out but FL does which they would have been included.

This is good news. Could you imagine people knowing you have a CWP and if they have an axe to grind against you they could tell any LEO that you brandished your gun. Now it's up to you to disprove it. (Just one type of incident that might be prevented.)

whats wrong with mark, FN?

some info on what a good politician should be:

Mark Sanford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://http://scgunrights.blogspot.c...ngpro-gun.html

http://http://www.ontheissues.org/Mark_Sanford.htm

not perfect, no one agrees with everyone on everything. but as politician's go in general, you'll find none closer to an honest, hardworking, ethical man than gov. sanford....

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The last version that passed the Senate only stated training and background checks as being required with nothing else. It was the SC Grass Roots that came up with the 8 hour class interpretation to get it defeated in the House. GA and PA do not have any kind of training requirements which would have kicked them out but FL does which they would have been included.
    So does UT, but that won't help me as a PA resident with a UT permit. For those states SC does honor, it's only for residents of those states. SC is one of the 7 states (MI, CO, FL, WV, KS, NH, SC) that have that requirement.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links