Just Completed CWP Class

This is a discussion on Just Completed CWP Class within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just took my CWP class on saturday and so now just have to wait until thursday to send it out and then play the ...

Thread: Just Completed CWP Class

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

Just Completed CWP Class

I just took my CWP class on saturday and so now just have to wait until thursday to send it out and then play the waiting game to get it back with my permit. Shot and placed 48 out of 50 shots in the chest and one in the head and one in the nuts. The class was very informative and taught me somethings I did not know. So now I am looking foward to be able to protect myself where ever I go.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

Congrats, I think nut shot should be worth double
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Congrats, I think nut shot should be worth double
    Double or nothing!

Congrats, stay safe!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I don't want to get shot by you LOL!

Congrats!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    I just took my CWP class on saturday and so now just have to wait until thursday to send it out and then play the waiting game to get it back with my permit. Shot and placed 48 out of 50 shots in the chest and one in the head and one in the nuts. The class was very informative and taught me somethings I did not know. So now I am looking foward to be able to protect myself where ever I go.
    Be sure to go ahead and follow up on the application. The first time I took the course I didn't (long story but in the past). Those who protest the training either have never taken it or didn't pay attention in the class. Both time I took the class I was amazed at how much I learned about little things involving the law and the abilities of other people. Some in the class actually scared me that they may be carrying a gun around. Most of all remember that just because you have a gun it won't protect you. Your best tool for protection is your brain. A gun is way down the list of protective devices.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Most of all remember that just because you have a gun it won't protect you. Your best tool for protection is your brain. A gun is way down the list of protective devices.
    This is a very good point I always make to people. For many people carrying a gun gives them a false sense of security. They may have it but are not prepared to truly use in a dynamic critical incident. I think the CCW classes are the bare minimum training and should just be the start. Take a good drawing for concealment course, target focused shooting course, and force on force class. These will much better prepare you for an incident. Also take some physical self-defense training if you already haven't. You are far more likely to end up in physical altercation than a lethal threat incident.

Get a good, well rounded defense plan utilizing several tools. If all you have is hammer, everything starts looking like a nail. Congrats and good luck on the permit!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Be sure to go ahead and follow up on the application. The first time I took the course I didn't (long story but in the past). Those who protest the training either have never taken it or didn't pay attention in the class. Both time I took the class I was amazed at how much I learned about little things involving the law and the abilities of other people. Some in the class actually scared me that they may be carrying a gun around. Most of all remember that just because you have a gun it won't protect you. Your best tool for protection is your brain. A gun is way down the list of protective devices.
    The only reason Im having to wait until Thursday is that I turn 21 and then I will send it out and be legal.

Congrats....In Texas the wait was about 60 days till license showed issued. It felt like 60 months.

In the mean time, practice concealing around the house and of course shooting at the range or wherever you shoot. You probably knew this advice already, but I practiced around the house everyday and had to go buy new clothes that helped to conceal, and I still felt like all I had on was a gun when I left out of the house for the first time after receiving CHL....Again, congrats, let the waiting begin.

Congrats on the 'class pass'...the permit wait will pass quickly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on your class! Be sure to let us know when the 'plastic' arives, and keep us abreast of further training.

Be safe out there!
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I will

There is little more that can help the confidence of a person than being able to help themselves to their own self defense (and that of their families)

I know the feeling got to have to protect your family.

Links