How long for CCW permit in Florida

This is a discussion on How long for CCW permit in Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I was doing some online banking yesterday I realized that my check I wrote about 10 days ago to Florida Fish and Wildlife for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long for CCW permit in Florida

How long for CCW permit in Florida

As I was doing some online banking yesterday I realized that my check I wrote about 10 days ago to Florida Fish and Wildlife for my CCW was cashed or deposited. So I got very exited because this shows that at least my application was recieved. My question is how long do I now have to wait before my permit arrives?
    Another question I have is, is it a good idea to leave my weapon in the sadle bag of my motorcycle in the work parking lot? I can't carry on the job but I would like to have it for my commute. My company parking is inside a yard behind a locked gate. Any advise would help Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

My wife's check cleared exactly 3 weeks ago. Still waiting.....

I think it took mine 37 days from the day I mailed it. IIRC.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Mine took around 35 days, but the check got deposited really fast.

Moral of the story: The State of Florida is very happy to take your money.

It depends on whether or not you did your fingerprints electronically. If you did, then it should only take about 2-4 weeks once the check is cashed.

If you didn't, it will take much longer than that.

I did mine with electronics and sent mine in around the holiday season and it only took about 4 weeks. So it shouldn't be too long depending. Hope it works out for you!

G19,..If you think that hard, lockable bags (think Corbin beatles) would look good on your sporty, go for it.
    When in doubt, wup it out....

7-8 weeks from the time I mailed it.

I think it took a little long because under "alias" I wrote Felony Mike
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

My wife got hers back last week (wahoo!). She sent everything off (she did electronic fingerprinting) seven or eight weeks ago.

I would never leave anything valuable in saddlebags.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    G19,..If you think that hard, lockable bags (think Corbin beatles) would look good on your sporty, go for it.
    I'll definately check out those Corbin saddlebags. I did my fingerprint electronically. Maybe I'll get lucky and get my permit in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    As I was doing some online banking yesterday I realized that my check I wrote about 10 days ago to Florida Fish and Wildlife for my CCW was cashed or deposited. So I got very exited because this shows that at least my application was recieved. My question is how long do I now have to wait before my permit arrives?
    Another question I have is, is it a good idea to leave my weapon in the sadle bag of my motorcycle in the work parking lot? I can't carry on the job but I would like to have it for my commute. My company parking is inside a yard behind a locked gate. Any advise would help Thanks.

Huh?

Well sport, you ain't ever gonna get it if you don't send the application to the right folks. The FWC folks dont' issue or have the least thing to do with CCW licenses. That belongs to the Agriculture Dept.....Fella by the name of Chas. Bronson is in charge.

Far as the gun in the bags matter....as I'd see it, its neither better or worse than in a glove box or under a car seat. It all depends on just how secure the vehicle might be at the place its left.

Senior Moderator
    Mine came back in the mail 11 days after I mailed it, in 2005.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

First of all welcome.

In the state of Florida the department of licensing, is under the department of agriculture, not the FWC (Fish and Wildlife commission).

Hope you mailed it to the right department, even if you didnít Iím sure they would have forward it on.

MyLicenseSite - Home - Division of Licensing - Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
    Is a link to DOA web page?

If you think you mailed it to the wrong department, you may want to give them a call and confirm they have it.

On the motorcycle question; I never leave a pistol in my leather bag, but if I had hard bags like my friends Ultra I would.

If you have leather, you can get a pelican case, and bolt it to the bottom of the bags hard side, and upon placing your pistol inside lock the case with a pad lock. But then again, someone may see you doing this, which would put your bike in trouble of being broke into or stolen.

I sent mine in on the 12th. I gave them a money order so I dunno when they cashed it. I'm assuming they would have processed it by the Monday the 14th, so it's already been 1 week. Longest week ever.

Never know though, if you get unlucky with the person doing your paperwork they might take their time. The officials I've spoked with all said 4-5 weeks if you did it electronically. Paperprints i guess take the full 8+ weeks.. or whatever it is, up to 90 days.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Huh?

Well sport, you ain't ever gonna get it if you don't send the application to the right folks. The FWC folks dont' issue or have the least thing to do with CCW licenses. That belongs to the Agriculture Dept.....Fella by the name of Chas. Bronson is in charge.

Far as the gun in the bags matter....as I'd see it, its neither better or worse than in a glove box or under a car seat. It all depends on just how secure the vehicle might be at the place its left.
    I just looked at a copy of my check and thankfully I did send it to Florida Agriculture and Consumer Services Dept.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Got my electronic fingerprints done March 7th. Mailed check and application stuff the following Friday. I called today and they still have not shown my application as being in "processing". She did say that she seen that my electronic fingerprinting was a go.

The phone message says to allow at least 45 days from the time of mailing before you call for a status on your application. Mine will be 45 days coming up this week.

Oh, by the way, Individuals no longer will be shown on the www.mylicensesite.com as being "processed". That info is now private for Individuals and you must call the Dept. of Agriculture Licensing Department for your status.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links