Defensive Carry banner

Non- Resident CCW's

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Cavalier Knight 
#1 ·
OK I know when I return Stateside from the Philippines I will be renewing my CCW, but my dumb question is, how does one go about applying for a non-resident ccw. I know I should know this as long as I've been on the forum so I guess I'm having a senior moment :confused:

#2 ·
Go to http://www.nraila.org/recmap/usrecmap.aspx, click on the state you wish to get a NR permit from, and the info on who to contact will be there. There may even be a link to the state's web site dealing with those things.

I hope that's helpful.

#4 ·
FL and VA are very straight forward. They can be done my mail with a DD214 as training. You can also use hunter's education as training. UT requires a UT certified trainer. FL and UT are the most worthwhile to get. You can not use them in CO, KS, WV, or MI if you are not a FL/UT resident. In what state will you reside?

#6 ·
SORRY, FLA will NOT issue a NR permit if you are a US citizen but not a PERMANENT resident of the USA. I am presently working in Toronto and have been refused by both FLA and CT. They lose me as a visitor. At least FLA had the courtesy to return my payment. CT asked for tons more information, then refused my app as I am not a permanent residence and KEPT the extra bucks they asked for and all of the paperwork. Oh well. We live and learn.

I have permits from several other states, all NR permits, and none good in FLA.

BE CAREFUL. BE VERY CAREFUL!

#5 ·
Just a note...

The FL permit is not a non-resident permit, just a regular FL permit that shows your out of state address...relatively painless to get!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.