Jared jewelers in Hurst, TX now posted 30.06

This is a discussion on Jared jewelers in Hurst, TX now posted 30.06 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my wife's wedding set in for it's annual inspection/check-up today and was pretty disgusted when I saw the entrance. A legal 30.06 sign. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jared jewelers in Hurst, TX now posted 30.06

I took my wife's wedding set in for it's annual inspection/check-up today and was pretty disgusted when I saw the entrance. A legal 30.06 sign. We've been using this store for 10 years, now we're going to go somewhere else. A friend of my wife works there and has always given us great service. I'll go ahead and send the whole no-guns = no money emails, but I doubt they'll reach anyone that cares. :mad5

Several hours later....

Suprisingly, I got a fairly quick response. Not surprisingly, it's the typical sheeple speak.

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will make sure that everyone I know is aware that if they choose to come to your store, that their safety rests in the hands of a total stranger standing by the door sending text messages on his cell phone.

There are plenty of jewelers that do not infringe on my legal rights. One of them will be getting my future business.

Regards,
    Gary Jones

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:12 PM

Dear Mr. Gary Jones,

Thank you for contacting us at Jared the Galleria of Jewelry. As part of corporate policy, Jared reserves the right to prohibit the carrying of firearms/weapons or dangerous ordinance of any kind, concealed or otherwise, on company property. The security personnel provided in our Jared stores, as a prerequisite of employment with Jared, have gone through extensive training and background checks. Any attempt to bring firearms/weapons or dangerous ordinance will result in arrest by the appropriate authorities and possible prosecution.

This policy was adopted to help provide a safe environment for our customers and our employees.

Sincerely,

Michael Miller
    Customer Relations

Your customer service representative is: Michael Miller
    Summary: Customer Relations at Jared

Jared reserves the right to prohibit the carrying of firearms/weapons or dangerous ordinance of any kind, concealed or otherwise, on company property.
    Paper tiger. Let's see Jared enforce their right when some thug walks in with a gun and robs them.

It's not customer service, it's criminal service...

Stay armed...shop elsewhere...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I'll scratch Jared's off the list, but if you guys keep going my wife is going to be really upset when I tell her I can't get her anything for her B-day because I am boycotting all of the places I would buy her stuff...

On second thought, this seems like a great idea. Let's boycott all of of the jewelery stores!
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Security personnel?Sure.Probably minimum wage?They will defend you with their flashlight?They have a right to their sign,and we have a right to spend our money elsewhere

The Jared I venture to is posted. I still carry, I even had a conversation with the 'guard' about what he would do if someone were armed, this was while I was waiting for my purchase to be rang up. I was wearing a T-shirt, as a cover garment and not once did he notice. So much for training.

they just lost my business

Thats unfortunate, I was looking at a 3 diamond ring for my wife a new band and Omega for me. Their loss is someone who isn't so snotties gain!!

Dunno if their competition has a similiar policy but I will definalty be shopping their first. I enjoy how they lump 2a with carrying Ordinance. I suppose we are all fanatics now who crawl around in the woods with our Assualt Rifles too?

That reply is annoying!!

That reply made me more mad than them posting the sign. We just had a Jared finally open on my side of town...doubt I'll ever be going there now. We've got a few good local jewelers who will get my business without a doubt. Either that or Amazon.
    "I play for keeps."

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    The Jared I venture to is posted. I still carry, I even had a conversation with the 'guard' about what he would do if someone were armed, this was while I was waiting for my purchase to be rang up. I was wearing a T-shirt, as a cover garment and not once did he notice. So much for training.
    Glad to hear he is so alert. Good to live in Colorado. All they can do is ask us to take our money and leave. Not all Jared's have armed guards. The Aurora guard even goes over to the counter and watches the sales ppl. They don't trust their own ppl.

I would be sending that response that you received right back to each of their stores when it gets robbed/customer gets robbed in the parking lot.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    We can all boycott but we also ALL need to send letters to the Jareds and let them know how much business they will loose; other wise they will just think the drop in business is due to the high cost of gas.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Senior Moderator
    Jared stores here in Florida are "posted". Not that it means anything here.

Their signs go so far as to claim you cannot possess a firearm in the parking lot (even in a strip mall where the lot isn't theirs to control).

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Fax them a receipt from another store of how much you spent at their competition because they had the sign posted.

bury your head a little further in the sand jareds
    maybe ill just tape a 30;06 sign on my back.that should keep me safe all the time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links