Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA

This is a discussion on Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Fultonian Perhaps if they are really trying to have a family restaurant, they should forego the alcohol. Then, people won't be forced ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fultonian View Post
    Perhaps if they are really trying to have a family restaurant, they should forego the alcohol. Then, people won't be forced to open carry and they won't have to worry about kids seeing the guns (or the drunks).
    In the eyes of many people, open carry in a restaurant is like sex. They know that everyone has sexual tools, but they prefer the these tools be kept concealed, especially while eating at the dinner table.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post

And some of you think this isn't a civil rights issue?

--Travis--
    Umm, no its not by definition, but that a whole different thread. Civil rights are the 13th and 14th Amendments and some certain acts of congress. Open carry or concealed carry are whats termed political rights.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Amen USMC

Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Very well written letter, I somehow feel embarassed that one of our countries finest was treated in such a manner.
    Thank you for the service you provide to my family and this country...
    please keep us posted on any response.-though I have a feeling none will be given by the corporation...
    Is there a list of establishments this corp. owns...we do not have the place you are talking about in michigan, but it might be another name?
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Good for you! One suggestion that I add to any similar communications I make like this is I tell them that I will be posting their establishment were every gun owner in your state will now know their policy and they too can avoid eating there. I emphasize that gun owners are a very tight nit community and like to hear about those that don’t want our business. If they decide to change their policy toward gun owners I will gladly notify people of this decision also. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further. Sometimes I actually get a call.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I, like everyone else compliment the writing of your wife's letter and the straight forward and responsible way that you handled the situation. If anything, I believe your encounter reflected excellently on the gun toting community. Its still a crying shame that you were treated as such. Just out of curiosity; did there appear to be any customers who were uncomfortable or any business lost by the restaurant? This seems like the only justifiable reason for asking you to leave (though its no excuse in my opinion because of the principle of the matter).

Sir: Pay the bill. Enclose your letter to the manager, president. Then forward a copy of your letter to "EACH" board member. You can get their addresses from the SEC. With todays economy, restaurant's are doing kartwheels to get customers. I am sure they will review the policy that he has instituted. A little paperwork,but you WILL get result's. Oh!, send certified mail. Return receipt requested.

Open Carry or Conceal Carry???

Here everyone is going back and forth about open carry vs. conceal carry.... I live in ILLINOIS, its easy there---------NO CARRY.... So either way u prefer or dont prefer to carry, look on the bright side, it could be worse.... By the way, very nice letter, well written

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Umm, no its not by definition, but that a whole different thread. Civil rights are the 13th and 14th Amendments and some certain acts of congress. Open carry or concealed carry are whats termed political rights.
    Mmm.... I don't know. It would be like asking a voter registration card and only allowing Republicans to come into my business. Anybody registered Democrat would be refused service and Libertarians would have to use the back door.
    Independents go to McDs
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I agree that it was a well written letter as most have said. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by RobR369 View Post
    Here everyone is going back and forth about open carry vs. conceal carry.... I live in ILLINOIS, its easy there---------NO CARRY.... So either way u prefer or dont prefer to carry, look on the bright side, it could be worse.... By the way, very nice letter, well written
    I thought IL was a four star open carry state (except CHI and CHI wantta be towns)!!! We don't need no stinkin permit we have the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Carrying a gun is a human right. Civil right means political right. Wild animals don't have a right to vote because they cant' create a civil society. Wild animals do however posses an entire range of natural rights derived from natures law, the first of which is that of survival/self-defense. While not a perfect test one way to determine whether or not a right is a civil or natural one is if you could exercise that right if you where the last human on earth. If you can it's probably a natural or human right.-Jay

Great letter, please keep us posted, on a reply. Here in Utah, we can go into a restaurant, that serves alcohol concealed.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    This Virginian will boycott.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    Carrying a gun is a human right.
    We would all like this to be true, but unfortunatly its not. I guess I'm guilty of looking at things and posting about them based on the way things really are, not the way we would like them to be.

Oh yeah, civil and political rights are two different things. Look it up.
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 24th, 2008 at 06:49 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links