Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA - Page 6

Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA

This is a discussion on Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That letter is a work of art. I would like to save it and shamelessly plagerize it should I ever need to write a similar ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville VA

That letter is a work of art. I would like to save it and shamelessly plagerize it should I ever need to write a similar letter. May I?
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    That letter is a work of art. I would like to save it and shamelessly plagerize it should I ever need to write a similar letter. May I?
    LOL.. Me to
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't write a letter of that nature that well.

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't write a letter of that nature that well.
    I'm DickSki's wife.. you definitely may borrow it :)

More gun-unfriendly business need to receive this kind of feedback.
    Be safe, sleep with a Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    It's too late to worry about property rights. Now that the supreme court has said a government has the right to take your property away from you and sell it to a rich businessman we are already on that slippery slope.
    I think this is one of the most disturbing things to happen in this country in my lifetime but it seems to get little "press" or discussion. I just can not believe that the Supreme Court ruled this way. Talk about an assault on our rights. This is just unbelievable.

As far as open carry, it's not something I would care to do "in society". Of course, I have no problem when I'm hiking, fishing, etc. Of course, in Wyoming, we're not permitted to carry in bars. I do think open carry would make a lot of people nervous and would not win friends for "self protection" advocates. Personally, I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying.

I think the business owner has a right to establish rules for his business and we have a right to "vote with our feet".

I was a very well written letter, btw.

Cloudpeak

Great letter!!
    PortlandZinMan
    ---------------------
    Glock 19 - Kimber Aegis II - Kahr PM9 - Ruger Mark II
    S&W M&P 40 - S&W M&P 9c - S&W Model 60 - NAA .22 Magnum
    ---------------------

DrinaLynn,
    That was definitely the best written letter!!! I too would like to keep a copy although giving full credit to you. Thank you for sharing.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

That sucks dude, that place actually has really good food. I thought a sign had to be posted?
    Thank your great governor kaine on that one. Virginians(I used to be one) need to not elect antis like him anymore.
    Anyways I'm curious what the reply will be(if any).......
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    This Virginian will boycott.
    This one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If I didnt want someone as a customer, I like the idea of being able to tell them to get lost, and I think you might like that right too.
    Unfortunately that is a right that has long since been lost. You cannot refuse service to someone based on race, religion or a number of other factors. Since you could not have someone leave because they were black or because they were wearing traditional arabian garb why should you be allowed to remove anyone who was not creating a disturbance, breaking the law or otherwise being disruptive? Not trying to start a fight === just looking for your reasoning.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I think you were right to not pay for the meal. When I eat at a restuarant, I don't consider that the food is the only thing being purchased. Equally important are the service, convenience, atmosphere, etc. -- the whole experience. If this were not true then a restaurant would be nothing more than a drive through window. How many times have you eaten in a restaurant even when you know you could make a cheaper, better meal at home?

If they had attempted to make you pay the bill after asking you to leave then they would be cheating you out of half of what you are actually paying for. I hope that sometime in the near future you will be able to carry concealed in restaurants.
    Last edited by stanislaskasava; April 26th, 2008 at 11:16 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rkhal View Post
    Unfortunately that is a right that has long since been lost. You cannot refuse service to someone based on race, religion or a number of other factors. Since you could not have someone leave because they were black or because they were wearing traditional arabian garb why should you be allowed to remove anyone who was not creating a disturbance, breaking the law or otherwise being disruptive? Not trying to start a fight === just looking for your reasoning.
    I didnt say you could do so, I said I liked the idea. I think anybody should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason. If they dont want a "protected status" persons money, they shouldnt have to take it. The free market will take care of any problems.

This is the exact reason I pointed out the difference between civil and political rights earlier in the thread.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would really like to read the response from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown240 View Post
    I would really like to read the response from them.
    "In order to provide a safe and comfortable dining experience for all of our customers, (not YOU) we don't want your kind of filth coming in here and peacefully spending money. You may leave your firearm in your car where it can get stolen, we have no liability for theft, or assault of our disarmed customers, and you'd better not complain about it, either."

Am I close?

--Travis--

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    "In order to provide a safe and comfortable dining experience for all of our customers, (not YOU) we don't want your kind of filth coming in here and peacefully spending money. You may leave your firearm in your car where it can get stolen, we have no liability for theft, or assault of our disarmed customers, and you'd better not complain about it, either."

Am I close?

--Travis--
    Really close!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease."... Think about it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links