million gun march

This is a discussion on million gun march within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No march on Washinton is going to change any minds for the better only for the worse. I agree QK - sadly the fact right ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: million gun march

Assistant Administrator
    No march on Washinton is going to change any minds for the better only for the worse.
    I agree QK - sadly the fact right now is - a catastrophe of the magnitude of Katrina has done more to make folks aware (mostly for the good of firearms) than any march or demo!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

boston tea party

just remember when we had real americans who didnt stand for injustice. here are some examples the american revolution, the boston tea party, etc. you get my point americans actually were willing to die for there rights back then. now in our pc world everyone is to affraid of the law. even when those very laws are illegal laws. gun laws are totally unconstitutional in every way and totally illegal and should not be enforced by leo at all. i quote bob marley. GET UP STAND UP STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS. all gun laws are violations of your civil rights.

Assistant Administrator
    Sadly with the current state of ''anti-ism'' most ''blood letting'' in the name of injustice would merit the label of ''freak'' and/or ''gun nut'' and not gain much - the masses would NOT be on our side... we'd be alienating ourselves.

Stand up for rights - yes - always but sadly the days are gone IMO where the ''old ways'' will cut it any more. More we need dogged perseverance thru ''softer'' channels but that can still get the job done.

Your enthusiasm and indignation are laudable but sorry - the methods you'd choose would hurt the cause in this day and age rather than assist. Just my 2c only.

Let's call it maybe ''progress thru stealth''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I can see valid reasons for government regulation of firearms. Not as severe as even the most relaxed today, but some regulation. Guns are not tools like hedge clippers or a golf club, they are dangerous tools which must be handled correctly and with care, like a motor vehicle. According to my Consitutional law professor, one of the "tests" for the Constitutional valiity of a law is whether the government has an overriding need to regulate something due to public need or safety. I think that argument can be made with regard to firearms. Yes, we have a right to have them, and shouldn't have to show a "need" for them, but with rights come responsibilities. Having a test and certification similar to the test given to operate a motor vehicle doesn't seem unreasonable to me... instant background checks don't seem unreasonable either. I might change some of the categories that are prohibited from possessing weapons, but I can see not letting violent felons and psychos buy weapons.

Euc: Incidentally, walking out of Walmart with your weapons and magazines _would_ be perfectly legal in many states. Open carry of longarms is technically legal many places. Just unload it and put the gun and mags in your trunk when you get to your car. As for military grade selective-fire... I agree you should be able to purchase such in principle, but even in a combat zone I found not one situation where moving the selector off semi would have been useful. If you want to buy a M249 or M240, those are useful but in personal weapons it's just a waste of time, money and ammo.

In a way, I feel like a hypocrite every time I look at that little plastic card or fill out the 4473 because I know, lawful though it may be, it's wrong.
    Bond: Is the police requiring a press pass to enter crime scenes and other restricted areas a violation or your 1st ammendment rights, or a necessary regulation and control of certain situations? Is California's prohibition on bringing uninspected fruits and vegetables into the state a violation of your rights, or a necessary step to protect the state's agriculture? Government's first duty, no matter what you may think, actually is to protect the governed. The only way to eliminate that protection is to eliminate the government itself... essentially anarchy. Human nature is not good and kind, we are animals not far removed from our hunter-gatherer ancestors. If you want to know what your life would be like without the protection of the government read Hobbes' _Leviathan_... but I include a synopsis:

"'Good' and 'evil' are inconstant names applied haphazardly by different men to what attracts or repels them. This egotistical psychology makes the life of man in a pre-social state of nature, 'nasty, brutish and short,' a constant war of everyman with everyman. Rational, enlightened self-interest makes men want to escape such a predicament by the establishment of a contract in which they surrender the right of aggression, but not that of self-defence, to an absolute sovereign, whose commands are the law, freedom being relegated to the spheres not covered by the sovereign's commands. The social contract is binding only so long as the sovereign has power to enforce it. Sovereignty may be vested in a person or an assembly, but it must be indivisible, not a division of powers between King and Parliament, church and state."

A question from the same professor: In the US governmental system, who is Leviathan?

GET UP STAND UP STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS. all gun laws are violations of your civil rights.
    The Constitution is not a child's dream, a writ to do whatever you please without responsibility or consequences. It is a contract between us a citizens and individuals... it creates a system of controls to prevent the ills of anarchy. It is not perfect and the government spawned by it is not perfect, nothing created by the hand of Man is perfect, but it has been the best thing going on earth in the last 200+ years. I've sworn an oath to lay down my life to defend it... my personal CCW is ultimately for that purpose, to defend it as a citizen when the government is not there to do so. Pro and anti gunners disagree on fundamental points, but we work those differences out within the framework of the law, as do any other groups with fundamental differences. Pro and Anti abortion activists would be, and are, horrified at the thought of taking up arms against each other, as bitter as their differences are... because all recognize that we must have law before we have anything else. Without obedience to the law, there CAN BE nothing else. No art, no science, no philosophy... society must have order before it can accomplish anything else.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; October 16th, 2005 at 01:16 AM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Angry Attn: JAMES BOND

Just one of the "commie" rules we have here on the forum.
    No personal attacks or name calling directed toward other forum members.
    Have A Nice Day Yourself.
    Last edited by QKShooter; October 16th, 2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Personal Attack

1952 - 2006
    I think that this thread has run its course.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links