Carpenters?

This is a discussion on Carpenters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do we have any carpenters out here who carry while working? How do you carry it?...

Thread: Carpenters?

Carpenters?

Do we have any carpenters out here who carry while working?
    How do you carry it?
    Think twice
    Buy once!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I'm no carpenter, but I do wear a tool belt. I keep IWB with a tee shirt over it then go ahead and put the belt on. It isn't very expedient, but it is there.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I carry IWB too. It wasn't that big of a deal with a flannel shirt during the winter, but now with just a t-shirt I really have to watch how I reach. Most of my t-shirts are the longer tail, but even so I'm so tall and skinny, so it's still not long enough. I just hate having a shirt that's long enough be so big the sleeves go to my elbows.

I'm seriously considering trying a smart carry though.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Carpenters can have a tough time finding a good carry spot....plumbers on the other hand always have a spot available they just might fail to conceal when bending over
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Carpenters can have a tough time finding a good carry spot....plumbers on the other hand always have a spot available they just might fail to conceal when bending over
    I know what you mean, besides being a carpenter I am also a plumber!
    I try to cover the crack at all costs!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    .........plumbers on the other hand always have a spot available they just might fail to conceal when bending over
    Now ,that's an imagine I could have gone a long time without !!

I'm not a carpenter but I do a lot of mowing, trimming, etc. in the summer. Moving around quite a bit as I work. I wear jeans with oversize t-shirts and carry IWB. Works better with my Kahr CW9 than my CZ 75 but it can be done. I'm careful not to get exposed as I work.

VIP Member
    I'm not a carpenter, but I do wear a tool belt. I've been trying to come up with a way to carry besides in my pocket. My 642 protrudes out of my pocket, besides I despise pocket carry. If I carry IWB my tool belt covers the gun and my tool belt wont fit. Also I couldn't get to the gun if I needed to.
    I just ordered me a nylon carry bag thats about 6x9 inches. It will attach to my tool belt. It has a belt loop on it so it'll be secure. The pouch is actually for a cell phone, pens or other odds and ends that ya might want to carry.
    I don't want to settle for a 380, so I'm working on carrying my 38.
    With the work I do, the pouch wont look out of place. It may on a carpenters belt. Maybe find a leather pouch with a flap that would attach to your belt.

B52
    I do some carpentry work as a side job, IWB works well for me.

I wear bib overalls which is typical carpenter clothing and I always carry under my bibs. Either with my Crossbreed holster and my Sig .40 on a belt under the bibs or my Baby Eagle .40 with a Kramer on a belt under the bibs. I also depending on my mood wear a Smart Carry that will hold either with an extra magazine. They are all easy to get to under the bib and the Smart Carry holster is probably the easiest to wear under the bibs.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I've been a finish carpenter for 25 yrs, I have a small pouch (3x5) made out of leather, my model 60 fits in it perfectly.
    One thing that I had to get used to was not just dropping my bags somewhere when lunch came around, as we all know what happens to unattended bags (they sometimes get nailed to the floor, tools scattered around, etc). I work by myself anymore so the bags go with me when I go to the truck.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

I carry a Keltec P32. Small of back. Flat and Light. Barely noticable to me with a tool belt on. I use the Keltec belt clip, attached to the pistol. Extra mag is in a small multi-tool pouch, carried in an "extra leg pocket" of carpenter style workpants.

Links