I need help with my fiance

This is a discussion on I need help with my fiance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; She has had her CHP for over 4 years now and carries fairly irregularly. When she does she purse carries. I have tried and tried ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help with my fiance

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar

Exclamation I need help with my fiance

She has had her CHP for over 4 years now and carries fairly irregularly. When she does she purse carries. I have tried and tried to explain that when she most likely will need her gun she is not going to be able to ask the BG to hold on while she gets her gun. She actually heard it pretty good from me the other day when I discovered her Sabre spray in the BOTTOM OF THE PURSE!! I was the keychain type.

Anyway, she is 27 5'7" and about 100lbs. She is very attractive and dresses as any young attractive woman would. Here in VA that makes many concealment methods difficult due to the weather. Compounding this she works outside as a utility locator. (Yes we had the discussion about some of the people that work construction.) I want her to carry on body all the time and need help with some options.

Ladies???
    Or men with similar issues???

HELP!!!!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

2. Remove Ads

My boyfriend and I discussed purse carry and he even bought me a Coronado purse. I honestly hated the bulkiness of the purse (even though I got many compliments on it) and he hated the idea of me carrying in the purse.
    We compromised on a milt sparks IWB holster for my khar cw9. It took a little getting used to and a little help from people on here of how to carry more comfortably. I have gotten rid of the purse and bc of the little bit of bulkiness I have to wear some larger shirts but not much bigger than what I usually wear. (med shirts went to a large) Pant size stayed the same ().
    Does she have to wear a uniform to work? Is she allowed to carry to work? If so I would recommend getting an IWB for work basedand maybe she will start to enjoy the comfort of it.

Good Luck Hope I helped a little.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I recommend Cornered Cat as a great reference for concealed carry for women.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

No uniform required for work...and although not illegal for her to carry at work her employee handbook says no weapons. However, all the rednecks she works with have their shotguns in the truck during hunting season. So I doubt that will matter. Besides, theoretically she will only be "caught" after using it to save her life...at least she's alive to find another job.

Thanks for the site Howard...I will be enforcing some required reading tonight.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

I agree on visiting the cornered cat website. Also, have you looked at Smart Carry on the body and works even in the skimpiest outfits.
    As a side note, be glad she carries at all. Many wives and GF's won't even consider the thought!
    Kel Tec P-32 .32
    Grendel P-10 .380

HKR
    while I don't like offbody as an option if it can be helped, my wife and I are looking at that for her because of her build and the fact that she doesn't want to wear clothes that will look baggy on her. The only options we are looking at as far as purse carry is one that will be carried with the strap across the body like a small messenger bag design. We are just looking at it for an option when nothing else is possible.

Seems like the only method she is going to like is maybe a fanny pack. She doesn't want anything too tight around her stomach, which puts even a good gun belt and holster out of the question. (WOMEN!) I figure with the fanny pack off to one side, the weight will be hanging off the opposite hip.

So, to change directions...who has a good fanny pack?

PS Non-tacti-cool looking.

=So, to change directions...who has a good fanny pack?

PS Non-tacti-cool looking.
    If you go to the link below they have been talking about fanny packs for the past few days.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...aist-pack.html

Have her try a Seecamp .32 for a pocket. Would likely be able to carry more often than not.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Great pack, in a variety of colors to avoid 'hey, I have a gun pack':
    Tommy's Gun Pack

My wife has tried the special belly bag but likes her purse best for CCW.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

fanny pack? to me, it is always a hey-i-got-a-gun (or diapers, Purell, and the Orlando hotel key) pack.

Check out limatunes' website for more carrying options for women.

As a 27 yr old woman myself, I found that 4:00 carry was comfortable, but not possible due to clothing options without some real adjustment that I am not always willling to make. However, I can and do carry daily at 2:30 in a simple IWB low-ride clip (a cheap desantis off the rack) with no change in wardrobe. as long as my shirt is long enough to cover the button of my pants when I lift my arms, I'm good. It can even be form fitting, just not skin tight. My PM9 hardly prints in my pants- just looks like a cell or something in my pocket (which is where the barrel is positioned). The low ride holster means that only a portion fo the grip is barely visible above the waistband, and the draw is made by wrapping the thumb around the grip first, fingers follow as it comes about the waistline.

Another option that I like and sometimes use is a bellyband- very comfortable, IMO, evenly distributed, and can be positioned anywhere (even higher on the chest below the bra, where the gun is hidden by the drape of fabric).

I also ankle carry a snubbie in a Galco ankle glove when none of the above is possible. the ankle glove holds the small gun snug and secure, and I find it very comfortable.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I can't get it thru to my wife. She says my clothes are too tight, I don't want to have a big bulge in my pants blah blah blah...

To which I say would you prefer to be attacked and raped in a parking lot or would you prefer to look somewhat nice and have a gun? I think i'm sort of getting thru to her.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Hopefully Lima chimes in, she is also tiny and conceals I want to say a 4" 1911 IWB?, and many other tools for self defense. I'm sure she has some great advice on the subject.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

If her employee handbook says no weapons, that means she shouldn't carry at work, to do so risks getting fired. What you sound like you're doing is encouraging her to engage in a behavior that could get her fired. Shotguns in the truck are not the same as handgun on the body.

Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links