Students for concealed carry

This is a discussion on Students for concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I suspect most of you are aware of this organization. I wanted to pass on that at least on some campuses, they appear to be ...

Thread: Students for concealed carry

Students for concealed carry

I suspect most of you are aware of this organization. I wanted to pass on that at least on some campuses, they appear to be having a positive effect.

My daughter attends the University of Kansas and has started seeing information about this organization and concealed carry around campus. This has led her into quite a few discussions with other students about firearms and concealed carry, and the lunacy of "gun free zones".

While my daughter is not of the age to carry yet, and is not convinced she's comfortable with that, she is a believer in both firearms and CCW. She feels that in many of the conversations she's had lately, she has gotten other students to at least rationally think about some of the related issues. Seeing the messages this group has put on campus, prompted her to debate this topic in her ethics class. We'll see how the professor and class react.

I relate this because it is in large part due to this organization spreading the word. I believe they are starting a dialog with a group of people that are crucial to our future.

If we can get a new generation to start looking at this logically, we will see benfits to come for many years.

Upon reviewing their site, I decided that this would be a good organization to support, and made a donation.

I know we're all asked repeatedly for funds, but this one seems to be a good bet for the future.

Here's their web site.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - ConcealedCampus.com

My 2 cents.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

2. Remove Ads

Actually I think some of the leaders of that group are members here. Your daughter might want to get involved in the next empty holster event.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Your daughter and a new book I found today.

I was in Powell's Bookstore here in Portland, Oregon and purchased this book today "American Fights Back-Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age by Alan Gottlieb and Dave Workman, published by Merril Press, Bellevue, Washington, 2007. This is an interesting book. After reading several chapters, this book examins how legal theory has victimized law abiding citizens. This book also examines a variety of crimes and the legal, social and political response to these events. Easy reading and a nice book. May be of help to those college students that look at armed students on campus who are law abiding.

unfortunately, the ks board of regents just outlawed carrying in all state schools. i live in lawrence, and follow KS concealed carry news fairly closely. i was disappointed to see the decision. hopefully organizations such as this can make a difference.

"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back" -- Adolf Hitler

Students for Concealed Carry

A chapter of this organization just got started on my campus (Washington State University). I've had a bit of trouble getting ahold of the members on my campus but I suspect it's because it was only recently started up here.

Good bunch of guys and gals, I was asked to take part in the "empty holster" protest but I'm only 19 and am not 100% sure which pistol will be my first purchase, so buying a holster seems a bit premature especially given my financial situation.

Hopefully it continues to inspire discussion and debate on campus.
    People do not lack strength; they lack will. Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Wilky1121 View Post
    A chapter of this organization just got started on my campus (Washington State University). I've had a bit of trouble getting ahold of the members on my campus but I suspect it's because it was only recently started up here.

Good bunch of guys and gals, I was asked to take part in the "empty holster" protest but I'm only 19 and am not 100% sure which pistol will be my first purchase, so buying a holster seems a bit premature especially given my financial situation.

Just remember that something as simple as an airsoft holster for $7 will more than do the trick for an empty holster protest. We've also been donated holsters and will loan them out for use during protests without a second thought.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

My wife is a professor & wore one of our paddle holsters last Thursday to her classes. She got zero comments or questions, and none of the "security" staff seemed to care or notice either...
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Quote Originally Posted by Wilky1121 View Post
    I was asked to take part in the "empty holster" protest but I'm only 19 and am not 100% sure which pistol will be my first purchase, so buying a holster seems a bit premature especially given my financial situation.

This is a good point. I've seen a lot of comments in this forum about members having boxes full of old holsters. Might be another good way to contribute to this group.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

I am college bound this fall and I am going to support this organization.

Minor victory for students.... see new thread for details.

Links