LEO Question

This is a discussion on LEO Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Question for all LEO's: Started a new job, they provided me with a new vehicle, I travel 12 states. They licensed & insured the vehicle ...

Thread: LEO Question

LEO Question

Question for all LEO's:

Started a new job, they provided me with a new vehicle, I travel 12 states. They licensed & insured the vehicle in Texas, because it was cheaper than the other states we have manufacturing plants in.

I have a DL and CCW from Colorado. If I get pulled over do you see any problems with TX plates and CO DL????? I might be a little paraniod but don't need any troubles..
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM.
    AMEN!

2. Remove Ads

I'm not an LEO, nor do I play one on TV... Logically, those are two completely separate things. The plates go with the vehicle, the permit goes with you, and you are not your vehicle (or vice versa).

I could possibly see an officer asking about it, but other than a traffic stop possibly taking a few minutes longer to check out the info you give him/her, I don't see any issues.

Maybe someone else will correct me?
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Administrator
    No. You dont own the car, so no worries. It might make me ask a few more questions, but dont worry about it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks Sixto. My neighbor travels as well, he had a "run in" with LEO with a similiar situation as I stated, it turned out OK but was a hassle.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM.
    AMEN!

As Sixto stated.

You typically (with a few exceptions) need to be licensed in your State of primary residence (which you are apparently) The vehicle is not yours but your companies and you're an authorized user. The vehicle can be registered anywhere the company can legally register it (I.e. "resides") and it can travel freely throughout the States as long as a new "residence" is not established (if one is (which it won't be since you'll have the other one) then you'd have "X" amount of days to register in your new State...not going to be an issue for you)

Congrats on your new job...be careful travelling!

I am a legal resident of Nevada and that is where my DL (and permit) is from. I also own property and vehicles in NJ. The vehicles that live in NJ are registered in NJ (as required by law). When I am in NJ I drive them. You can only have a DL from one state but you can own cars in as many states as you like. It is not a problem.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    I am a legal resident of Nevada and that is where my DL (and permit) is from. I also own property and vehicles in NJ. The vehicles that live in NJ are registered in NJ (as required by law). When I am in NJ I drive them. You can only have a DL from one state but you can own cars in as many states as you like. It is not a problem.

Ken
    Exactly. Ditto here, only with Kansas and North Carolina plated vehicles.

Links