A parental judgement? - Page 3

A parental judgement?

This is a discussion on A parental judgement? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tanksoldier If you have to tell every private property owner, that's a lot of "telling". Definitely. Public property would be government-owned, right? ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A parental judgement?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier
    If you have to tell every private property owner, that's a lot of "telling".
    Definitely. Public property would be government-owned, right? So private property would include every store or restaurant you enter.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Government-owned property would be government property. A store or resteraunt, a place where you don't have to get the owner's specific permission to enter, I would expect you wouldn't have to announce your carry status. Yes, no?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

One Question

My only question to the Young Man (after telling him that He had either printed or flashed) would be "Are You Legal?".

If the answer is "Yes", then it would immediately drop back to the normal evaluation of this young man.

Luckily, my daughter is 33 yrs old with 3 kids. And, yes this exact situation did occur. She is married to the carrying Firefighter!

:outtahere

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier
    Government-owned property would be government property. A store or resteraunt, a place where you don't have to get the owner's specific permission to enter, I would expect you wouldn't have to announce your carry status. Yes, no?
    My opinion is the answer would be "yes" for spacemanspiff in AK, but I am not certain.

On the private-versus-public thing: I think a store or restaurant (located elsewhere than a military base, of course) is considered private property. As it has been explained to me, patrons of such places are trespassing "with consent", and if a patron causes problems, including being revealed to possess a pistol where the merchant has posted no-carry, consent can be withdrawn.

If anyone out there can correct me or elaborate, please do.

first off.. my daughter is only 11 so i have a few years before this happens but when it does this is how i would handle it. depending on the type of gun, caliber,etc.. i would hold it for safe keeping until he returns my daughter unopened. if in any way my daughter has been violated, i have a new toy. while they're on the date, i test fire to make sure it is in safe working condition.if it is better than mine he gets a suitable substitute. works for me.

So private property would include every store or restaurant you enter.
    the law up here is written a little odd. it says i ahve to inform the head of a private residence, and abide by their wishes.

while businesses may be 'private property', the law doesnt address thier interests. what they want i guess is people to be able to have the choice in their own homes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links